Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: New Eckler Jet and Spray owner 701 XTC

No they do not need the tailgate at all. It is just nice to have a complete boat. (I am just a little overboard-no pun intended)
    The water will some times come over the back in rare situations but the deck is self draining.

I just purchased a pair of Eckler Jet-N-Spays this weekend. One is in excellent condition. The other is in good shape. My wife already hinted that she doesn't like them even though she hasn't rode one yet. I'd need to fabricate a boat trailer to haul both at the same time. I'm considering selling them to keep my wife happy. So here's a description of each:

'93 650 w/ 144 mm pump in excellent condition. Even 150psi in each cylinder. Fires up instantly and runs great. It has running lights, Bimini top, rear boarding step, auto fire extinguisher, and deep scoop intake grate. Steeering and reverse work smoothly and flawlessly. Rear dump tubes seem to be in great shape. The lights, blower and fuel gauge not operating. I haven't had time to check fuses or investigate further. I don't think you'll find a cleaner boat around. I'm really tempted to keep this for me and my son to go on short fishing trips. $3750 with trailer.

'96 XTC 701 with factory new Yamaha 650 with 144mm pump. It has running lights, horn, rear tailgate, deep scoop intake grate. Perfect 155psi even compression in each cylinder. It starts easily and generally runs good but will occasionally bog when junk in fuel system stirs up. I haven't had a chance to clean the fuel system and change fuel lines. Lights, blower, bilge, horn all work. All seats in great condition. Overall good shape but not as pretty as the other. $2500/obo with galvanized trailer.

I'll post pictures in a few minutes. I'll make a better deal if someone buys both.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mully74; 06-26-2017 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Pictures

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

What the engine and pumps look like? They look nice on the outside.

They are both clean inside the engine compartments. They both have all of the trim and hardware intact and working. The '93 w/ the blue seats is extremely clean. My 8 yr old daughter says that we should keep the '93 because it looks almost like new. The pump and impeller on the '93 are in excellent condition.

The '96 with yellow seats has some knicks on the prop but the pump and reeverse bucket are in very good shape.

Both kids like riding on the front seat, but my wife doesn't seem to want to keep them.

I'm at work and don't have any pictures of the engine compartment on my phone but I can post some pics and/or videos of them running tomorrow if anybody is interested.

PWCToday Newbie

Hi Mully74,
    Looks like you found two nice boats! They look as they were well taken care of. I am in Aruba till November, so I know at this time I would not be able to look at them. I think those are good prices of what I see with the boat pics. The problem everybody faces with two boats (if you do not live on the water) you can not use a double trailer with the width being 4'2"). A person can use a 23' and put them bow to stern,but that is a whole new animal! Good luck with them, if you take them out on the water in your area, just around the boat launches, you should draw enough interest to sell them. The 701's are a big difference in the way they perform and people like them a lot more. I was able to upgrade as a trade in from the 650 to the 701 where I always picked up my rebuilds in Clearwater,FL. Forget the name. Wish you luck with them-good find-nothing else-good boating!

Are there any Bimini tops from other boats that would work on the Spray-n-Jet? If I sell the one with Bimini top then I'd like to install one on the other.

PWCToday Newbie

Hi, I had mine all special made--there are some that are very close. I had them made so it would lay down inside of the hull. Other ones layed on the gunnel walls which didn't care for trailing and running with the Bimini down. Sorry not much help.

My kids enjoy the Jet-n-Sprays but my wife would rather have a jetski (waveblaster 2). So I'm willing to sell the pair with trailers for $5500 cash or w/out trailers $5000 cash only. I've had plenty interest but no buyer yet.
    The '93 is in excellent condition. We had it out on the lake yesterday and it ran perfectly and did a great job pulling my kids on a large tube. I appreciated the shade from the Bimini top!

They both have Yamaha 650 engines and 144mm pumps.IMG_0219.JPGIMG_0225.JPG

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Posting a few pix of the pump and engine bay may help you sell them. I think your price is fare if their clean on the inside People want to see that though and of course the papor work needs to be legitimate at that price.

Good luck with the sale..

oh yeah, if you have water intrusion on the one with the Deep scoop great it's because of your deep scoop grate. Once I took the one off I was running I quit having problems with water and of course the upgraded mid-shaft helps that also..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information