Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: New Eckler Jet and Spray owner 701 XTC

Hi Driftmaster,
    Yes, I first bought Mr Eckler's personal boat, it was sad to see what he went threw. He closed the boats part after he sold out his Corvette parts company. He got taken bad with the sale and had to close the boats up. I have the original promotional film when he was selling them. It was taken in the Bahamas - quite interesting. If I can figure it out how to post it on you tube I will get it on there. Out of the 18 I had redone, two were Jet N Cat--Mr Eckler realy made a big difference with them by improvements. I found the boat molds were in Lakland FL and were distroyed in 1997. (thrown away---GRRRRRRRRRR! Real shame) Put a lot of hours in running our two personal-never problems other than people asking what they were--I am sure you have the same issue. Are you the one having the one on ebay???
    Nice boat!!!!! Only found about three of them that good of condition.[/I]
    Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    Wow trulyblessed, I think your a bigger fan than me. Glad to see other giving love to these great little boats..

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Quote Originally Posted by trulyblessed View Post
    Hi Driftmaster,
    Yes, I first bought Mr Eckler's personal boat, it was sad to see what he went threw. He closed the boats part after he sold out his Corvette parts company. He got taken bad with the sale and had to close the boats up. I have the original promotional film when he was selling them. It was taken in the Bahamas - quite interesting. If I can figure it out how to post it on you tube I will get it on there. Out of the 18 I had redone, two were Jet N Cat--Mr Eckler realy made a big difference with them by improvements. I found the boat molds were in Lakland FL and were distroyed in 1997. (thrown away---GRRRRRRRRRR! Real shame) Put a lot of hours in running our two personal-never problems other than people asking what they were--I am sure you have the same issue. Are you the one having the one on ebay???
    Nice boat!!!!! Only found about three of them that good of condition.[/I]
    Hey Trulyblessed, Thanks for the info and would love to here more as well as seing the video. Very sad about the molds, I always said if I can find the mods and them were priced right I would buy them. Even thought about splitting one of my Jet and sprays and copying for molds. be a really smooth boat with some of today's 4-stroke technology in there. I heard someone say that a Turkish company or someone overseas bought the molds and was building them there. Sounds like Mr. Eckler was just too trusting of the fellow. Out of the three I'v built I found quality control to be awful from the factory.

Yes, the one on ebay is the latest that I rebuilt. It's truly a time capsule pice. I made a build thread in the build section here on pwc.

Pleases share more of your Eckler history!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]525703[ATTACH]

My personal boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How much would I expect to pay for a 1996 Jet-n-Spray 650 in very good condition? Also, would it have the Yamaha 144mm pump? I'm looking at one tomorrow.

The last few I saw sold that were running in ok shap went for 2k, 2500 to 3500 is not unheard of if in good shape. You'll be very lucky if you don't have to address somthing.

Yes it will have the 144 pump.

Awesome. Thanks for the info

PWCToday Newbie

Hi, the boats came with running light options, fold down step, auto fire extinguisher, Yamaha 650 or 701 plus a dash board that had gauges and switches. There was also the boats with the starters on the handle bars, no lights or other options (they were more of the boats built out for rental business)
    If the boat is good shape, steering, & forward and reverse cables replaced (properly) the deck drains are plastic would or will need replacing. The deck drains were very thin plastic always with years crack and fail. If it still as the tail gate, gel coat still good, fuel cell not filled with age remains, ---a good boat is worth to me-3-3500 with the options. A rebuild boat--1000-1500. If the boat is class A and all the problem areas reworked-a person can get almost to 5k. They are popular and hard to find. There were 540 made total - that is not a lot to chose from.
    Watch for the stern outside corners-almost always broke or missing. That is a problem! You will not find replacement and they were not on Jet n cat. TO have a mold made is just way to much money. You have to come up with some other option to keep the boat joint protected, that will be a big deduction in cost. the rest of parts are fairly easy to find or have made.
    Good luck---they are great boats-lots of fun.

So do these boats need the tailgate to run or not really? what is the purpose of it?
    My small fleet...[90 SN SJ ] [90 X2] [90 Jet-n-Cat ]

No do not need it, I prefer to run without it. See the above pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Squarenosed View Post
    So do these boats need the tailgate to run or not really? what is the purpose of it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information