Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Regular

Big Red Racing x4 Hull w/951 Conversion

Well after having just about every single thing I needed to build a really nice fun 787 96 XP I found a nice Big Red Racing x4 hull and decided to go with the larger 951 conversion instead & sell the XP to fund this project. This was heavily influenced by my buddy Nick whom recently built a killer 951 x4 setup. This will be a slow build and I am waiting on tons of parts but it will be well documented along the way. Still working out some issues on the family GTX *thing has gremlins* unfortunately so this project wont get much love for another week or so. Anywho here are some quick pics before I do anything at all to this ski.

As for the plans I have a pretty solid idea in my head of parts I want to run and how I want to run them but I am sure I will have a million questions along the way. First 951 motor I have owned and the first ground up build as well. I haven't decided what to do yet as far as color scheme goes. Debating between my original idea *color change required* or just doing a restore in the *red/white* including the BRR logo's *reproduced* but clean up all the rest. The hull itself is in great shape, a few holes from previously mounted hardware on the sides and some paint flake in the footwell's but overall not bad at all. Looks like a CF bottom and a stock top that's been grinded down quite a bit in various areas inside.

Some things may be mentioned twice as some items I procured a while ago and then found another option/alternative in the meanwhile I couldn't pass up. More pics and finally crack her open shortly. Waiting on the large items to arrive such as full motor w/pipe, head, exhaust outlet, skat pump etc.

Hull:
    Big Red Racing carbon fiber x4 hull
    Carbon fiber two gauge hood *on order*
    RNR Fuel Cap
    Billet Exhaust Outlet *on order*
    Want: CF water box, cf grab bar
    Versi plug or blowsion version for rear of ski/ditch factory bailers/ ?*

Motor:
    951 w/Pro X Pistons 1.00
    White Pipe
    Miller Head “45cc dome/?”
    R&D Intake Manifold
    Rinaldi Reeds
    Exhaust – TBD, TRD or Carbon Fiber is the preference

Monitoring:
    Koso EGT Gauge *needs mount*
    TinyTach RPM gauge *needs mount*
    Bilge switch+Pump+Outlet x2?
    MSD Enhancer

Pump:
    155 Bronze Pump w/Machined Shoe
    Jet Dynamics #6 intake grate
    Skat 148mm Pump *previously modified for 787 pattern*
    Skat Venturi Exit nozzle w/insert *not sure the size yet*

Handling/Steering:
    R&D Steering
    Blowsion handle bar
    Three button holder
    Umi Finger throttle
    ODI Grips
    RNR Sponsons *not purchased yet/may inquire about carbon fiber sponson*
    RNR 3* Trim Tabs

Good pic of the XP I sold and the GTX that wants to make my life a living hell;
    Last edited by digital sol; 06-15-2017 at 01:12 AM.

Re: Big Red Racing x4 Hull w/951 Conversion

You have lots of nice stuff there!
    Seems most of the time that stuff is all faded and beat up. You're already ahead of the game....just start assembling....
    I'd leave the hull/graphics as is! Im sure there would be a bounty on your head if you did change it.
    2017 Jet Jam Racing "Region 2" Sport GP Champion

Thanks 2017 sponsors....
    Lets do it again in 2018

Reno KTM
    DirtTricks
    Reno / Tahoe Watercraft Connection
    Hunt & Sons / VP Racing Fuels
    Garate Enterprises (The Powder Man)
    On the Mark Construction, Reno NV

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Matt Braley's Avatar

I'll give you $1700 and pay shipping on that hull. You have a solid build idea but those parts don't belong on that.

I had offered this gentleman my good running RXX in NC for that hull but I didn't hear back so I went ahead and booked shipping to have it shipped down to me.

Digitol- I'll try and leave my strong opinions and jealousy out of it from here and just help when you need me.

U can't have every cool seadoo piece, atleast not at once

I know I know. Every time I think I'm satisfied something pops up that pulls at me. I had a chance to buy this hull a few years ago and was kicking myself for not doing it. I'm better now.

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Braley View Post
    I had offered this gentleman my good running RXX in NC for that hull but I didn't hear back so I went ahead and booked shipping to have it shipped down to me.

Digitol- I'll try and leave my strong opinions and jealousy out of it from here and just help when you need me.
    I appreciate the offer and sorry for the delay in response. I had a jam packed weekend and didn't really have any catch-up time until late last night. That ski looked great however I just really want to build my own. I've already got a lot invested into this project and spent months searching for a great hull/platform to start with. Nothing really fell into my lap it was a lot of digging and research that led me to all the parts I accumulated for this build. I understand there is history with the hull the only reason I debated doing a restore paint wise is because although it looks ok in pics the white gel coat is cracked on the hull in several locations and the red paint flakes off with a finger nail. Cosmetics are still up in the air I really don't care how it looks right now I am going to be moving forward with getting the motor and pump in her first.

I'll be spending the next week fixing up the gtx before a family vacation but I've got another pallet of parts arriving this week to get the ball rolling.

Parts wise besides the million small odds and ends I should have all my main parts to get started. Planning on running the skat pump with a modified shoe/ride plate but we shall see.

As for the front mount to keep it simple and clean I am looking at modifying the front cover plate and relocating the mount to the left side like the 787. Ordered a spare cover plate to use for mock up.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fastgas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digital sol View Post
    I appreciate the offer and sorry for the delay in response. I had a jam packed weekend and didn't really have any catch-up time until late last night. That ski looked great however I just really want to build my own. I've already got a lot invested into this project and spent months searching for a great hull/platform to start with. Nothing really fell into my lap it was a lot of digging and research that led me to all the parts I accumulated for this build. I understand there is history with the hull the only reason I debated doing a restore paint wise is because although it looks ok in pics the white gel coat is cracked on the hull in several locations and the red paint flakes off with a finger nail. Cosmetics are still up in the air I really don't care how it looks right now I am going to be moving forward with getting the motor and pump in her first.

I'll be spending the next week fixing up the gtx before a family vacation but I've got another pallet of parts arriving this week to get the ball rolling.

Parts wise besides the million small odds and ends I should have all my main parts to get started. Planning on running the skat pump with a modified shoe/ride plate but we shall see.

As for the front mount to keep it simple and clean I am looking at modifying the front cover plate and relocating the mount to the left side like the 787. Ordered a spare cover plate to use for mock up.
    If you can make that work, please make me one too!

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by fastgas View Post
    If you can make that work, please make me one too!
    Will do. Ordered a spare cover plate and sure enough have an extra 787 plate from buying a used stator and cup setup from ole eBay.

Motor is in stl just gotta pick her up tomorrow!!

Exhaust outlet showed up today and I ordered a new pipe tonight for this setup! If anyone needs a white pipe setup drop me a pm.

IMG_6220.JPG

IMG_6222.JPG
    Last edited by digital sol; 06-21-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Subscribed. Can't wait to see the progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hotty Toddy!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information