Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Bog

Bog

I have a 440 ski that I just can't seam to get rid of the bog on. This is the third engine I've ran in this ski and they all do the same thing. Complete different engines and carbs. Crank seals tested good , carbs rebuilt with genuine mikuni kits , stator and cdi rebuilt. Has aftermarket pipe , waterbox , primer kit.

Problem Ems with all three engines is they start fine , run fine but after about ten minutes of riding the ski wants to die like it's running out of fuel . If I pump the throttle like crazy I can get it going again before it slows down to the point where I just about fall.

what am I missing ? It seems to be fuel related . Hoses are good , pickup tubes are good, valve on fuel vent is good. I have three 440s and can't figure this one out .

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Bog

Try running clear hose, see if your fuel is being aerated

What would cause it to ariate? I've got a couple of thoughts after doing more research.
    I read the stock reserve valve can cause fuel issues. Will this allow air to enter system ? I also read to install a .030 welding tip as a restrictor in the return line . My other skis don't have a restrictor and the run fine.
    This seems like it has to be something in the fuel system , tank , lines , valve . It's done the same thing with three different engine / carb configurations.

PWCToday Newbie

By Aerate I am talking air in the fuel. If you have a bad fitting, connection, etc. it will suck in air and will be lots of little bubbles entering the carb if you have a clear hose you will see it.
    I run one line straight from the reserve pickup to the carb on my two js's. Block the rest and I don't use the selector.

Thread Information