• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woodsrider40
    PWCToday Guru
    • Jul 2010

Water in speak plug hole

Working on a 2007 FX Cruiser, the front spark plug hole fills up with water over a period of time. I cannot see any water leaking in while it's running. The coil boot seems to be tight. Anyone had this happen ? First I've seen.
    94 SPX
    96XP
  • Dave_G
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Oct 2017

Re: Water in speak plug hole

Originally posted by woodsrider40 View Post
    Working on a 2007 FX Cruiser, the front spark plug hole fills up with water over a period of time. I cannot see any water leaking in while it's running. The coil boot seems to be tight. Anyone had this happen ? First I've seen.
    Hello, did you ever find out what caused this issue? I have the same exact issue on my 07 Yamaha VX cruiser. I replaced the plugs in the spring and the spark plug holes were dry. I replaced with NGK plugs and re-assembled. I put about 40 hours on the ski this year and when I was winterizing I pulled to check the plugs and saw water in the holes along with rust forming from the spark plug and coil. I am thinking it has to be the o-ring for the coils to seal them, since I dont believe water flows through the head to cool it, so it wouldn't make sense for the water coming from in there.

Thanks!

Comment

• volltrex
      Top Dog
      • Sep 2006

Re: Water in speak plug hole

Originally posted by Dave_G View Post
      Hello, did you ever find out what caused this issue? I have the same exact issue on my 07 Yamaha VX cruiser. I replaced the plugs in the spring and the spark plug holes were dry. I replaced with NGK plugs and re-assembled. I put about 40 hours on the ski this year and when I was winterizing I pulled to check the plugs and saw water in the holes along with rust forming from the spark plug and coil. I am thinking it has to be the o-ring for the coils to seal them, since I dont believe water flows through the head to cool it, so it wouldn't make sense for the water coming from in there.

Thanks!
      Do you ever put cold water over the engine to rinse after a ride?
      sigpic

Dave

2007 FXHO 160 Cruiser, Sold
      2012 FXHO Cruiser

Comment

Working...
      X