Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

Re: Yamasaki vibration ??

We have a customer that likes to buy weird things.....Kawi SC with a Yami 701 that does the same thing,bad vib just off idle. His first ride shook all the exhaust bolts out.

Brought it to us to check out & no amount of shimming or aligning is gonna fix that off idle vib. We did get the bolts to stay in with loctite.

The stock exhaust is big & heavy for a reason,it helps those twin cyl Yami cancel out the vibration & is only magnified when urathane mounts are used. If you could get some stock Yami rubber mounts it would help.

I have build a few Blasters that didnt shake till we put a Factory Pipe on it,not as bad as the Yami/Kawi transplants but it def has a off idle vib. Also IMO I believe that driveshaft size has something to do with it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in SB View Post
    Are you saying it should be worse when riding ? Haven't ridden it with the pump swap yet but is definitely the entire engine shaking making tank,battery, pipe etc shake like crazy just off idle
    Thanks for your input!
    I don't notice the vibration really when im at the lake, when I warm it up I keep the rpms above the rough spot and when you ride its always above the rough spot.
    super couch
    550sx with 701 and big pump
    550 RC-520
    809cc X2

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home cudaben's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Guy View Post
    We have a customer that likes to buy weird things.....Kawi SC with a Yami 701
    what is the weird thing?

I have the same thing in my yard right now...
    "If it ain't broke, fix it till it is".

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error"
    - John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by dose View Post
    I don't notice the vibration really when im at the lake, when I warm it up I keep the rpms above the rough spot and when you ride its always above the rough spot.
    Some 701's seem to do that. My bros square runs perfect, but right above idle it will shake your nuts off. 100 rpm below and above and it goes away. something harmonic with the motor IMO. just keep it out of that range if you can. Just like grumpy said.

My friends, same pipe, b-pipe, doesnt. we've ran his up and down the rpm range slow and it wont buzz.

Edit: Same friend's blaster shakes bad about the same rpm as my bros square, but our last two blasters had no such buzz. stock and B pipe'd blasters didnt buzz, his riva red pipe does.

freak harmonics IMO.
    Last edited by 88kawi5fiddy; 05-02-2017 at 01:13 AM.
    1994 1100 SJ - Dead
    1996 spec hx
    "I'm going to be installing the hooker on my driveshaft in the next two weeks." -Element3488

You can make stock mounts fit in the conversion if you want to give that a try. You will need to mill down the engine bed plates to accommodate the taller mounts. You need to mill off about 3/8", you can split it between where the motor mounts bolt to and where the bedplates bolt to the motor. Some of the yamaha motors have a vibration and some dont. The small hull and the light drivetrain make it worse. Give me a call and I can walk you through what you need to do if you want to try the stock mounts. Others have done it with good results.
    RHAAS PRODUCTS
    urethane motor mounts for watercraft... its about time!!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Rha...12717472096935
    try our new website
    http://www.rhaasproducts.com/
    stay tuned for more products

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Bruce in SB's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhaas View Post
    You can make stock mounts fit in the conversion if you want to give that a try. You will need to mill down the engine bed plates to accommodate the taller mounts. You need to mill off about 3/8", you can split it between where the motor mounts bolt to and where the bedplates bolt to the motor. Some of the yamaha motors have a vibration and some dont. The small hull and the light drivetrain make it worse. Give me a call and I can walk you through what you need to do if you want to try the stock mounts. Others have done it with good results.
    Well I went with new stock SJ mounts and 90% of the vibration is gone... acceptable now for sure. I machined the Yamaha bedplates .200" where they mount to the engine and another .200" where they mount to the motormounts. Some creative milling setups I must say Completely changed the vibration to nearly nothing.
    Thanks Robin for all the support!
    "Thanks" to Chris Newmiller @ Newmiller Machine

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home cudaben's Avatar

so i rode a blaster 1 this weekend with a 701 and FPP. OFF IDLE VIBRATION... Fresh rebuild, perfect alignment, it is something with the yamahas.

it wasn't as bad as my x2 but still there. On a positive note I just squeaked my 701 in my x2 prepping it for pismo this coming weekend. now in a mad rush to get the new motor assembled and in b4 i go!!!!
    "If it ain't broke, fix it till it is".

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error"
    - John Kenneth Galbraith

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Bruce in SB's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cudaben View Post
    so i rode a blaster 1 this weekend with a 701 and FPP. OFF IDLE VIBRATION... Fresh rebuild, perfect alignment, it is something with the yamahas.

it wasn't as bad as my x2 but still there. On a positive note I just squeaked my 701 in my x2 prepping it for pismo this coming weekend. now in a mad rush to get the new motor assembled and in b4 i go!!!!
    Hey... Might just stop by... Is Mark going?
    "Thanks" to Chris Newmiller @ Newmiller Machine

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information