Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

1995 Tigershark not getting fuel

Some of you may or may not have seen my other posts regarding this ski. But, I got it back together, and a new starter in yesterday. Well, I finished it up today, and decided I would try to start it. Cranked it over a few times, and then again, and a again. I figured something wasn't right, so I checked the fuel line. Nothing getting to the carb...kinda need fuel ya know. So, I check the hose that comes off the engine, which is the pulse hose...correct? That seemed to have pressure to it...not a lot but some. Maybe I should replace that. Maybe a tiny hole in it? So, then I checked the return line, and I got nothing. These carbs are fully rebuilt?? Not sure where to start...other then to pull the carbs again, and check them. But, is there something I should look for?

All the fuel lines are new, new fuel filter, ect. I sucked on the feed, and fuel comes out with ease.

Thanks again guys. By the way, this is a 640 with the dual carbs. SBN 38s I believe.

PWCToday Guru

Re: 1995 Tigershark not getting fuel

Put some premix in a squirt type oil can. Remove the fuel line from the engine side of the filter and squirt some fuel into that so there is fuel in the line close to the carb. Then put the line back on the filter. Use the squirter to prime the engine. Do this outside, not in your garage!!! Put a couple squirts into each carb, take the squirt can away and try to start it. If it barks and runs for a few seconds, it should prime the fuel system and be ok if everything else it right.

Is your fuel line clear so you can see if there it fuel flowing?
    2, 1998 TS 770 L, restored and running great. (Except for the one with engine that SBT put the WRONG crankshaft bearing into and is now sitting as I collect repair parts)

PWCToday Newbie

Makes sense to me man. I'm assuming air in the line isn't letting the fuel get through, once it can start creating a vacuum, then it should be good. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
    Thanks

Prime your fuel system. Take off return and feed line and put feed line into a bottle(Gatoraide works well). Get a bicycle pump(or lightly pressurize from air compressor) and pressurize the system by using a barb fitting into the return line. Once you verify good flow then install feed line back on carb inlet nipple and repeat process with a small piece of gas line going into the bottle from the carb return nipple. Loosen gas cap to release pressure and stop gas flow.

This is a also good way to check for leaks and make sure gas feed system is working as it should.
    The thought that leads to no action is not thought - It is dreaming!!
    Think Big!!

Some people have hobbies - some people have addictions - I have jet skis!!

Thread Information