Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

New to WA riding

Greeting all. Been away from PWC's for 15yrs and just purchased an FX. I used to ride in the Pacific (Guam) and will be new to riding the PNW and sound areas. Anyone interested in doing some rides coming up?

PWCToday Guru

Re: New to WA riding

I am out in the graham area where ya wanting to ride?
    86 js550/650 conversion in progress

300sx 650 conversion westcoast head 28cc domes, sbn 44 coffman exhaust & waterbox, 650 pump w/skat trak 15, scoop grate, mariner ride plate

92 x2
    & a turboed suby swapped vw beetle

PWCToday Newbie

Man, I'm down to ride anywhere. I'm up by Lake Tapps and will be taking it there to get through break in period once I get hold of my ski sometime next week. I'd like to ride the sound areas by Pt. Defiance and do some exploration runs since I haven't ever been on the waters here. Any cool spots for some isolated beach coves? I plan on taking my kiddo with me a lot.

Hey, Shetto24,

have your ride ready yet? Been out yet on any of the above areas you mentioned?

I'm in Everett, ride lake Washington, Stevens, Goodwin mostly & Puget Sound.

Putting together an EPIC adventure again from Everett to Victoria, BC at end of July or in August after Seafair, of course.

Everett to Victoria BC and back. Going to be almost 200 miles roundtrip. (180 and change). Gas stops in Pt Townsend (36 mi), Pt Angeles (30 mi), and Victoria (24 mi). Leave by 9:00. Arrive around 12:00-12:30 pm for lunch in Canada. Leave by 3:00 p.m. due to PA & PT fuel docks close at 5:00 p.m. Side note, found out hard way when my buddy & I stayed in Victoria, BC too long...missed fuel dock at PA & had to make it back to PT on one tank (fueled in PA, ran to Victoria & back to PA, then down to PT to refuel. Was on fumes from Dungeness Spit to PT.)

Notes:
    The marinas don't have high octane. Fog would be reason to not make crossing.

Between now & then, will be putting together a trip from Everett marina to Deception Pass & back, too. Had a blast playing in the currents during the tide exchange last time, too. Pretty hairy at times, but, was a blast!

Notes:
    It is around 70 miles total Everett to Deception Pass & back. Re-fueling options are Oak Harbor Marina & Cornet Bay/Deception Pass marinas.
    Maybe 5 hours from launch to launch. More to follow on dates for this ride.

PWCToday Newbie

@LA Dawg,

Sorry for late reply. All them rides sound good and I hope to make them once plans are in place. The BC run sounds really cool. I picked up my ski about a month and a half ago and have got through break in period, gear testing, maintenance routine etc. pretty much dialed in and am ready to hit the sound up. My ride take 92+ octane, <10% ethanol, so I'd have to recon the routes and marinas to plan ahead. I've only been putting non-ethanol in and would like to stay that way if I can, if it's a must, not a problem. This is so far the only drawback to the SVHO.

Great to hear you are up & running, Shetto24!
    A group of us headed up the sound from Everett Marina on Memorial Day, racing to beat the tide at Port of Susan to cut between Camano Island & Stanwood. The pictures will detail that we lost and had to wait it out for 6 hours, lmao. 100 yard to the left or 100 yards to the right, would of hit the channel better, but, markers were a little off, ugh.
    Then we were going to run through Deception Pass and out to Fort Flagler for refueling of adult beverages.
    Anyway, will get the next ride out in front to see if we can get a solid/fun group together.

Epic Memorial Day Ride.JPGEpic Memorial Day Ride 1.JPGEpic Memorial Day Ride 2.JPG

PWCToday Newbie

Holy Moly! Indeed, some epic pics for an epic story. Lol. I'll keep tuned for notice on some upcoming planned rides. Is PWC Today the preferred info spot or another site, like GreenHulk? Just wondering because there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of action in the threads anymore. Or maybe I'm missing it.

Hey, Shetto24,
    yep, been getting a lot of crap from friends and family for the "miss judgement", lol
    I follow a jet ski group on FB (Northwest Jet Sports Association), PWCtoday, and Greenhulk. You are correct on Greenhulk, our riding group/area doesn't use it much at all...but, get a chance, reach out to FB group, i did. That group focus's on stand ups vs PWC/2-3 seat, but, they have a lot of great post for upcoming races of stand ups which are always cool to see, etc....
    Anyway, will post again when the weather comes back a little and always have Seafair coming up, which is a blast. Quick note is that we drop in on Lake Washington down at Kenmore launch or Magnuson near sand point area.

PWCToday Newbie

Just checking in. @ LA Dawg, looking forward to possible group rides after Sea Fair. Took our maiden trip on the Sound a couple weeks back. Launched from Pt. Defiance, cruised the shorelines of Vashon up to Blake Island, then back down the east shore of Vashon stopping at Pt. Robinson lighthouse and finally a good lunch at the Foss Waterway marina district. In total just under 50 mi. Maybe a 1/3 of tank used...I'm impressed. 20170715_123726.jpg20170715_135844.jpg20170731_104404.jpg

Outstanding, Shetto24!

What an awesome ride & pictures, too! As you have found, that FX is great with gas mileage!
    My buddy has two of them and they sip gas Vs my Seadoo.
    yeah, i am heading out for Seafair this Friday due to the free log boom option to watch some racing & of course the blue angels. Gonna skip weekend cause it is a zoo and always feel so small with all those boats, lol, plus just long a$$ day(s).
    Anyway, will let you know what we get planned afterwards. Enjoy the great weather this week on the water, too!

Thread Information