Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: first ride out this season Kawasaki 750 STS ---dead

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyX2 View Post
    Should be 8 nuts around the base. This process should be done with the motor out of the ski. Depending on what you want this may be a prime candidate for a SBT exchange...
    Well I want a standup ultimately, would like to get the this ski running so I can sell both as a running pair with trailer. I think one is a 94 750 st and the one that died is the 96 750 sts. You mean exchange the whole motor for a rebuilt one?

Complete short block at SBT is $745. Plus shipping $75, carb rebuild kit $60, fuel lines $25, gaskets $25, battery $50. You might be able to sell it for $1400-ish. Would take 10 hours for a first time install. Small profit to be made if all the other parts are use able. If your interested in learning this is a good opportunity.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by futom View Post
    Complete short block at SBT is $745. Plus shipping $75, carb rebuild kit $60, fuel lines $25, gaskets $25, battery $50. You might be able to sell it for $1400-ish. Would take 10 hours for a first time install. Small profit to be made if all the other parts are use able. If your interested in learning this is a good opportunity.
    1400 ish for just the one ski or are you talking the whole shebang? I paid 2500 for the pair with trailer about a year ago. It really seems like a stretch for me, I'd like to learn, but I am just terrible with stuff like this. I already can't figure out how to even remove the engine lol.
    Last edited by Az; 04-20-2017 at 08:59 PM.

1400 if its rebuilt. Each.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

He means the one ski. If the rest looks good then a motor exchange might be the way to go. This is not rocket science and you've got one of the easiest skis to work on. Basic set of hand tools, and a few extras is all you need. If you want to save money, you'll need to do this yourself. Any time you get stuck any number of us will get you straight within a day. Many many mechanically savvy people on here.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday Newbie

is there a shop manual I can download It's a Kawasaki 750 STS 1996 I believe. It has dual carbs. I can't figure out how to get engine out right now and I'm kind of stuck. I took the head off check. now I can't really get my wrench into the other bolts. Manual would be nice to see pictures of which bolts to go after in what order since I don't really know what all the different components are called
    Last edited by Az; 04-20-2017 at 11:24 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

I can't figure out what I need to remove to remove the motor. I took the top curved exhaust piece off. Then I removed the exhaust manifold (well took all the nuts off and slid it out can't take it off because it rubs against the side of the hull and won't allow it to slide off the two longer bolts. Here;s an album of what I've managed to get to so far. I can't reach some of the cylinder nuts as you can see. I'm also not even sure how to get to the bolts to remove the motor. I would appreciate any help or advice. Thanks

http://imgur.com/a/0RgGT

PWCToday Newbie

Do I have to take the studs off of the side of the exhaust port side engine before I can get the cylinder sleeve off?

thanks

Here is a pretty handy installation/removal guide for your motor.

http://www.shopsbt.com/pdfs/k650750.pdf
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information