Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: SXi Pro Rebuild & Upgrade

If someone has a SXi Pro aluminum waterbox and any hardware/ hoses I'll give them a deal on the Coffman's setup, otherwise I'll put it up for $250
    2017 GP1800
    2000 GP1200R
    1998 SXi Pro
    91 Super Jet

http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-99-KAWASA...xYUEve&vxp=mtr

Little on the high side, but free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by 2strokesmoke View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-99-KAWASA...xYUEve&vxp=mtr

Little on the high side, but free shipping.
    I've had my eye on that one and the $200 new stocker. Probably gonna have to bite the bullet so i can run my factory pipe. This restore/ build is costing much more than I anticipated already I should've just bought that RN I was eyeing but I'm too far into it to stop. Spoke to Chris and it looks like I will need to have the cylinders clearanced too. And it's starting to feel stupid to not to have it ported while I'm this deep into everything...
    2017 GP1800
    2000 GP1200R
    1998 SXi Pro
    91 Super Jet

I've been doing too much riding and not enough wrenching..
    Update: Newmiller modified my cylinders to fit and ported them for me, also corrected the crappy bore job that I had. I had him set me up with a lightened flywheel and he measured found my cylinders had been decked and crunched some numbers to discover the head I bought wouldve not been safe to run on pump gas, he set me up with a correct volume head and he has given me alot of good info.

I will be using a single SBN 46 on a BCW manifold i got locally, Chris advised me on jetting for my application 120 pilot, 150 high 20 psi popoff.

I got a stock waterbox on eBay with hold down bracket & rubber damper piece.
    It looks like the waterbox blocks the scupper tube, not sure what I can do about that...

I will be running a 1100 gph bilge pump

Engine is partially reassembled, starting to get somewhere.

Researching dual cooling
    2017 GP1800
    2000 GP1200R
    1998 SXi Pro
    91 Super Jet

I have made alot of progress, engine reassembled, pressure tested, in ski and fired up to test It! I nearly crapped myself in excitement. I ran dual cooling plumbing, need to finalize it with hose clamps, need to replace couplers on the exhaust, but I have them.
    I need to install the bilge pump and I'm going to seal the scupper up as the waterbox blocks it now.

Registered the ski in my name finally!

Painting the pole neon yellow.

I want to install some destroyers but first I'm gonna ride it for a little bit. Also eventually gonna throw some V Force reeds in there and try to find some SBN40i or maybe dual 44 carbs eventually and maybe an ada head further down the line.

Pulled the pump and found a Skat 12/17 I think it should be good
    2017 GP1800
    2000 GP1200R
    1998 SXi Pro
    91 Super Jet

I spent near a full day today finishing it up, I think it's water ready! Seems to run good on the hose. Cant wait to try it out
    2017 GP1800
    2000 GP1200R
    1998 SXi Pro
    91 Super Jet

Update: it runs great lots of power, carb fine tuning is almost there. I've put about 5 hours on it. It's fun and the power is great but after riding my wife's 61X square nose as much as I have, I really prefer the ride of the superjet.
    I'm selling the Kawasaki to find a round nose.
    2017 GP1800
    2000 GP1200R
    1998 SXi Pro
    91 Super Jet

I sold (practically gave away) the Kawasaki this friday and picked up a 98 Superjet Saturday morning. Happy as hell and not looking back! The "just get a superjet" trolls were right...
    2017 GP1800
    2000 GP1200R
    1998 SXi Pro
    91 Super Jet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information