Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Realistic R12-x Speeds

So this probably isn't the right place to post this, but I've had a lot of people ask how the stock r12x compares to all the other stuff out there. To start, I just ran mine against a stock rxt-260 and he was just barely walking away from me, so I am sure you could beat one with just a little boost. So please post what you've ran against just so we can have some nice comparisons to help out the guys that are looking to buy a ski

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Re: Realistic R12-x Speeds

I've GPSd multitudes of different skis and a bone stock r12x will do 61-63 gps depending upon rider and conditions. A stock RXT255-260 will do 69.5 all day. To get your R12x up there will take more than boost. The 215 or 185hp Seadoo will be a MUCH closer race for you.

On a side note, the little Weber 750 two cylinder in the Polaris MSX150 will also do 62mph GPS. Very impressive little dude.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday Newbie

That's the same thing everyone has been telling me, but we ran multiple times and he was just barely pulling away, we're talking maybe 2mph difference. I didn't mention that I do have the open exhaust but it didn't make any difference really. I was just really surprised I could hang so close

Add a macsboost module. Whatever your speed is today, it will make you faster and accelerate to 60 2 seconds quicker.
    MACSBOOST!!! The Honda PWC Performance Experts. www.MacsBOOST.com
    Home of the MACSBOOST Module and the Fastest Honda PWC on the planet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqufmQ_8bxU
    Be our friend on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MACSBO...e/233077830901

PWCToday Newbie

A module is definitely the goal, it's just really hard to drop $450 and I've been told a fuel cut defender or the resistor mod does the same. Not sure how true that is though, and I don't want an electrical mess

PWCToday Newbie

It really just boils down to the fact that I'm a college kid on a budget who really needs to beat his buddies seadoo, gotta prove that the Honda's can still hang

Thread Information