Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Resident Guru

New to me 750SXI... where do I start?

Scored this off the Facebook group... $1500, I pick it up on my way back to Florida.

Thoughts? Where do I start? Must haves vs don't-buys? The ski has a Blowsion handlepole and a WORX rideplate but beyond that is an extremely low hour stock ski.

IMG_5539.JPG

IMG_5541.JPG

IMG_5542.JPG

Not a HUGE fan of the paintjob... would have preferred the pink and purple TBH, but overall it's a really great looking ski. Will go nicely with my X2.

Re: New to me 750SXI... where do I start?

Delete the oil injection and run pre-mix. Block off the Crank case drain. These 2 quick things could end up saving the motor. After that the Mods are all personal preference depending on what style of riding you will be doing.

-2019 SXR - Unlimited Fixed Steer Conversion- 64.8mph
    -86 X2 - Twin carb 750 swap, blaster pipe etc -

Nice snag! The pole, worx plate and AP mats are very nice (pricey) additions to any stock ski. What are your plans for it? What type of riding are you going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by still standin View Post
    Delete the oil injection and run pre-mix. Block off the Crank case drain. These 2 quick things could end up saving the motor. After that the Mods are all personal preference depending on what style of riding you will be doing.
    Devil's advocate here. Unless your X2 is running premix already, don't delete the oil pump. Just replace/inspect the lines. the stink over the pumps failing is really the oil lines failing.

Definitely block the crank drain. Do not replace the pipe if you like linear power.

Resident Guru

The X2 is already running premix but I have yet to do the crank blockoff yet on this motor, I rebuilt my other X2 and sold it. I'll end up doing that when I get back to Florida so I have something to do during the day for my first week or two, might pick up a new carb setup for it, who knows.

The SXI I planned on doing the blockoffs anyway. I'm not a fan of oil pumps.

Type of riding? Not too sure. The gulf is a tossup from day to day... sometimes it's choppy, sometimes you get lucky with glass. I'd like to do some mild freestyle-ish (old school tricks) riding and maybe just some carving. The X2 is going to be the group/party ski and my 750 is gonna be my squidder.

I do like linear power so I will not mess with the pipe

Thanks for all the help. Really excited to pick this guy up!

I had a Factory Pipe Limited pipe on my SX. It made TONS of power, but was not linear. With some tweaking, the oem exhaust works VERY well. If you can, verify the impeller. With a stock set up, the skat 9/17 standard works very well. The big pins do not respond very well to being over pitched. I usually bring a few reduction nozzles with me ranging form 76mm to 83mm. Can find them really cheap.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home bandit88's Avatar

The coffmans rocket limited pipe is the only pipe ive used that keeps things linear. So that is a option if you ever want a little more grunt down the road. R&D intake grate is a good one to stop porposing. And some front sponsons. My SXI handles like a dream.

Resident Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 2strokesmoke View Post
    I had a Factory Pipe Limited pipe on my SX. It made TONS of power, but was not linear. With some tweaking, the oem exhaust works VERY well. If you can, verify the impeller. With a stock set up, the skat 9/17 standard works very well. The big pins do not respond very well to being over pitched. I usually bring a few reduction nozzles with me ranging form 76mm to 83mm. Can find them really cheap.
    The seller says besides the paint, rideplate and handlepole everything else is 100% unmolested stock

I will be on the hunt for an intake grate and sponsons like bandit recommended

Good luck on the sponson hunt. They are near impossible to find used and the new ones are insanely expensive. What part of Florida? Near PCB?

Resident Guru

Quote Originally Posted by scottw090 View Post
    Good luck on the sponson hunt. They are near impossible to find used and the new ones are insanely expensive. What part of Florida? Near PCB?
    Sarasota... Definitely looking to organize a FL meetup ride though. Seriously.

And I'll make them out of aluminum myself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information