User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New to me 750SXI... where do I start?

Rear or front sponsons? I have an oem SXI PRO left rear sponson with bracket. I lost the right side.
    Last edited by 2strokesmoke; 03-23-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 2strokesmoke View Post
    Rear or front sponsons? I have an oem SXI PRO left rear sponson with bracket. I lost the right side.
    I'd make the rears but probably just fork over the 200+ for blowsions

I made rears out of 3/8" composite material (similar to cutting board material), very easy to work with.

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 2strokesmoke View Post
    I made rears out of 3/8" composite material (similar to cutting board material), very easy to work with.
    I have aluminum trailer railing I planned on using

Good score.. Looks like it's a 95 SXI (could be a 96') judging from the aluminum waterbox and dual carbs... The pole is an AC Racing handlepole. Definately do the oil pump & case drain block off's. I didn't notice if it has a bilge pump but would add that in the first round of mods & replace fuel lines & clean the tank filters.

I usually do steering and handling mods first so a Skat Trak 9-17 C-75 (big hub swirl) or a 13/18 SXR impeller, either would be a great upgrade to stock.
    R&D Aquavane or JD intake grate will help alot with whatever ride plate suits your riding style.

I always fill in the pump shoe & face off the pump with glass (I'll try and attach a couple pics in a bit)

I would eventually dump the Keihin carbs for a set of Mikuni 40mm "i" series (sxr/sxi pro carbs)

I am returning my 95 750 sxi back to stock form to sell it. Look for a "for sale" thread soon.

Edit: pump shoe pics.
    20170325_180617.jpg
    20170325_180934.jpg
    Last edited by Virgin Air; 03-26-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    2000 750 Sxi Pro. Factory Limited pipe, 40mm mikuni's, 13/18 SXR blade, Kommander head, Newmiller Freestyle ported #22 cylinder, lightened flywheel, aquavane & Worx ride plate, trued hull, AC handlepole. 51.8 mph

1995 750 Sxi. stock

1993 550 Sx. PJS intake & 15.5 skat.

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks for the tips for the beginner

I dream skis

From my experience the mods that make the most power for the cheapest are: Factory pipe, raise compression (send head to newmiller machine)or buy aftermarket, light weight flywheel (send to newmiller), advance timing, skat prop, wrist lanyard.
    SeaDoo Hx
    Kawi 750 sx
    Kawi 550

From the photo, it seems like the fuel tank might be missing the tank check valve? which allows air to go into the tank as the fuel level drops thus preventing vacuum/fuel starvation and tank collapse.

Also, one pisser has no hose going to it. Remember to connect or plug.

For freestyle or buoy chasing, that engine needs more bottom end or the ski will flop/fall over on the turns or be slow off the line: raise the compression for more bottom end torque.

This ski is porpoise monster, needs extended ride plate, hull extensions and front/rear sponsons for improved rideability and handling. If you don't add these hull mods, at full throttle, it will chine walk/roll on you and when you steer to correct, the ski will throw you hard into the water every time...ouch lol

Careful with the flywheel lightning as this may make it harder to handle when you are cutting thru chop in a race course; will rev so quick that it becomes a jerky exhausting ride.
    Last edited by JC-SuperJet; 04-16-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information