Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: 2017 sxr

2017 sxr

Hi to all just got my new 2017 sxr this is a monster so fast and stable 8231.jpeg8229.jpeg8226.jpeg8233.jpeg20170303_141508(1).jpg

Frequent Poster

Re: 2017 sxr

What do you think about the horrible wiring routing mess under the hood? The cover under the turnplate and the slop in the turnplate are not impressive. Make sure you do not have the wiring resting on top of the throttle cable wire at the throttle body. Notice how the steering cable rubs on the engine mount. I would do something about that to. I am excited about this ski, but the fit and finish under the hood is horrible. If the ski is on a cart the engine tilts rearward and makes the oil level incorrect. So be mindful of that. The flush fitting is right under the hood catch. Which is not a biggie, but what is a tiny bit over? It would make it easier. I am almost considering a 3d which is about the same size, but could have a seat or pole setup. Not dissing your ski, but it is typical Kawi lacking in the fit/finish dept. Congrats and hope you have a ball on it. The turf should have come up over the tray rails. IMO I would buy a pole setup and some jettrim before I even got it wet. Good luck.
    Last edited by x2crew; 03-04-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by x2crew View Post
    Not dissing your ski, but...
    Wow...sounds like you ARE dissing...or maybe just jealous?

Good luck with the new ski buddy...looks awesome

2x 2014 Superjet
    2011 800 SX-R
    Gone but not forgotten:
    1992 750sx
    1990 550sx
    1989 650sx
    1988 X2
    1982 550

Frequent Poster

No, not dissing just stating facts. I would totally rip one after a few hours of time and some money getting it right. I was just a little disappointed on the fit/finish for as long as they took to get it out. I mean a 10 year old model SJ is almost the same price. So yeah I would buy the Kawi. I am just waiting until 18 after they have a few obvious kinks worked out. When Yamaha has the TR1 SJ out now that will be worth a second look! Congrats to the OP on his new ski and I hope you enjoy it every time you ride! Happy skiing!!
    Last edited by x2crew; 03-05-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Awesome bro. Congrats. Did you ride it yet? Ive only heard great reviews so far. Still waiting on mine. **** the haters. Im about sick of the little ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by futom View Post
    Awesome bro. Congrats. Did you ride it yet? Ive only heard great reviews so far. Still waiting on mine. **** the haters. Im about sick of the little ****s.
    Yes I ride it crazy awesome power very stable very nice turning amazing machine power is unbelievable

Thread Information