Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    PWCToday Regular

Re: Honda Jetski ECU

Quote Originally Posted by Gen-Tune View Post
    Below is a Turbo fuel map compared to a Non Turbo fuel map. Looks like there are 4 fuel maps. I assume for different cam angles.

RED = Turbo
    Blue = Non Turbo
    That's really cool! Are the 4 maps similar? Maybe it has a table for each cylinder. Also, I'm surprised the numbers differ so much Turbo to non Turbo. There must be some other constants that are also changed.
    Last edited by mattjw76; 11-07-2018 at 06:19 PM.

I figure the fuel tables are for knock control . or temp . these skis dont have adjustable cam timing so thats not it .
    Or the 4 tables could be for each cyliner if they designed them to be fuel differently based on individual cylinder temps
    04 Honda R12x modded with large IC,, large plentom, strait pipe , turbosmart fcd2, turbosmart mbc, wideband o2 gauge, vcs2 methanol injection, 14/31 prop 6450rpm (gps 68.2 )
    05 R12x w/ ic upgrade,strait pipe ,stock prop and boost 6380rpm @66.2mph

PWCToday Newbie

There are more Fuel tables but only 8 tables show differences compared to a non turbo map. I doubt they will have a complete fuel table for individual cylinders. I'm sure its probably for either different degrees of timing or water temperature since these skis are open loop. I could be wrong but I dont think I'll spend the time to dig too much as the market is slim and not alot of request.

I'll have to do some wideband testing.

Having the non turbo map made this process much easier to isolate the differences.

Right now I am working on 4 different things

- Revlimiter
    I may have found the location that controls the revlimiter just gotta do some testing

- Disabling the secondary map sensor that measures pressure from the turbo
    I found the routine that enable/disable this sensor. Need to do testing.

- PWM boost control
    I've located the code that controls the solenoid. Goal is to bleed off more boost pressure to keep the wastegate closed longer.

- Fixing the 2002-2003 model ecu's. There is a slim chance I can fix this ecu as it's much different.

I would like to take a look at the F15x ecu's if anyone has one broken and willing to donate for research and development let me know

Thanks

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JR IN JAX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am not sure there are any failed F15 ECUs available since they seem to be bullet-proof.
    Honda Pilot NAVI
    F150 4x4
    3 '06 F12Xs
    CR250
    2 CR80s
    1 XR100
    2 PW50s
    1 Vento Phantom 150
    1 Honda SHI 150
    '98 Allison Grandsport/Merc Racing 300 XS
    Jax. Fl.

"Confidence is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation"

"The automated aircraft of the future will have a crew of two; a pilot and a dog".
    The pilot is tasked with feeding the dog. The dog is to bite the pilot if he touches the controls.

"Any ship can be a minesweeper,,, once".

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information