Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 88kawi5fiddy dishonest seller

Quote Originally Posted by kartracer41 View Post
    Theres a lot of shops with fixtures made up for Harley clyinders & so on that go into a sunnen c10 & never get bored.As far as cast or forged pistons,were not discussing what is better,just trying to figure out why this guy would give negative feedback over a problem he created.he could of waited for the cylinder to get there, then ordered pistons that would work.
    oh yeah, Lets not forget that he's gonna need a new Machinist,the one he used for the last ten years isn't worth a chit.He showed us a cylinder the guy did, but said he was gonna run it anyway.So theres another thing that blows me away,one minute he will run junk then turn around & say he runs his chit a certain way.
    RGR Racing.com

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Stagesrt4's Avatar

sorry to hear this..

He has been nothing but good in the past...
    IL Jet rider member #1

Sean 630-207-2492

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home mcn6's Avatar

When boring 2 or 4 stroke cast iron or cast iron sleeved cylinders the piston clearance (at least) is typically left for the honing operation. Basically, the actual piston size is the diameter the cylinder when it is removed from the boring bar and the final few thousands are removed with a hone. If a honing operation is glazing a cast iron cylinder there is operator error going on big time!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleatusjo View Post
    Must have the pistons. You only want to hone .0005 . So you measure the piston, leaving .001 at the most for honing. It's a lot easier to bore than hone. Really important if it's cast iron as it glazes up if you try to hone more than a few ten thousanths

Home of Newmiller Machine

Just takes a really long time to hone thousands without glazing. If your boring is all done in line then .001 is more than enough to hone. Just a time and effort thing. Maybe it reduces the risk of screwing up a cylinder if you leave several thousandths and just let the machine run and hope the stones hold out.

Edit : If your honing by hand, then you want to leave as little (.0005 max ) as possible. Then your worst case senario on true position would fall into specs.
    Last edited by Cleatusjo; 03-22-2017 at 11:07 PM.
    94' Kawi TS 650cc
    93' Kawi TS, in progress

I am not sure what you have been reading, but it is pretty obvious that you have never done this before... Why don't you do yourself and everyone else a favor and actually bore and hone a cylinder using the proper tooling before you comment further.

I , personally have never left more than .001 of an inch. I've hand honed single cylinders and have NEVER left more than .001. Wheather your a mind reader or not , this is what I do.

Edit: If you mean do YOU a favor, then ok I will concede as you do it for a living. I did not read any of this. Was a tool maker for 20 years, rebuilt many cylinders and pumps using cast iron sleeves dutch keyed or spot welded in. never left more than a thousand to hone sand or polish.
    Last edited by Cleatusjo; 03-23-2017 at 01:12 PM.
    94' Kawi TS 650cc
    93' Kawi TS, in progress

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hyosung's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcn6 View Post
    I am not sure what you have been reading, but it is pretty obvious that you have never done this before... Why don't you do yourself and everyone else a favor and actually bore and hone a cylinder using the proper tooling before you comment further.
    and the know all strikes again ! ,? are you taking over from where croka shyt left off ,,,
    Last edited by hyosung; 03-23-2017 at 01:29 PM.
    2 x 650 sx custom build (my toys) http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=425767

modded X2 650

stock looking ZXI 900 ""being cannibalized to sponsor a 650 sx build """

Jerry Rigging is my specialty .....

Originally Posted by hyosung
    so when you say i """ hammer and slap things together """ this may be so , BUT they are hammered and slapped together SOLID

Tool maker huh? You need to stick with whatever it was that you used to do because you don't what you are talking about as far as honing jet ski cylinders.

Just so everybody knows, when a cylinder leaves the boring bar it is straight and true with a fairly rough surface finish. Honing 001" will not clean it up, period. What will result is a nasty looking bore as opposed to a clean looking crosshatch finish that everyone expects. And as I mentioned previously, if you are loading stones and glazing cylinders while honing cast iron cylinders you are doing something very wrong.

Wait a minute, aren't you the genius from a while back that was trying to convince everybody that you were getting accurate dome volumes without using a flat plate?

What is that smell... Jesus you stink!

Quote Originally Posted by hyosung View Post
    and the know all strikes again ! ,? are you taking over from where croka shyt left off ,,,

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hyosung's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcn6 View Post
    What is that smell... Jesus you stink!
    im not Jesus , but you can call me Sir Hyosung if you want , and the stink you are smelling is not me as i am many many miles away from your location , i think that smell must be your kock from sticking it in you pofter boy friends butt hole ,,,
    2 x 650 sx custom build (my toys) http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=425767

modded X2 650

stock looking ZXI 900 ""being cannibalized to sponsor a 650 sx build """

Jerry Rigging is my specialty .....

Originally Posted by hyosung
    so when you say i """ hammer and slap things together """ this may be so , BUT they are hammered and slapped together SOLID

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information