Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

88kawi5fiddy dishonest seller

This seller sold me his kawi sxr cylinder stating it need to be honed to piston clearances.Perfect i thought,as i like to use my own clearance specs.but when i received the cylinder,it had already been honed out to clearances that were to loose for my application.If i had of known this,i wouldn't have purchased it.Have to pay return shipping for cylinder and pistons back to the US from Australia.

NOT HAPPY
    Old skool rocks!

Re: 88kawi5fiddy dishonest seller

Sorry to hear about this.

Wondering if there was a misunderstanding on Boring a cylinder versus Honing a cylinder...

Quote Originally Posted by JC-SuperJet View Post
    Sorry to hear about this.

Wondering if there was a misunderstanding on Boring a cylinder versus Honing a cylinder...
    Must of been,you don't bore a cylinder or even touch it without having pistons to measure,what pistons are you sending back & why??
    RGR Racing.com

Frequent Poster

Have you tried talking with him about the issue?

Yeah he wants to run 0.0045" clearance with wisecos on an 85mm bore. cylinder is ready for 0.006" according to him. I gave you the bore size, no shop or person can give you piston clearance without pistons in hand. I also said I will take the return, and you have to pay for return shipping.

I also never stated what clearance will be. I gave bore size as close as my instrumentation allows.

Water rat also ended a paypal claim "amicably" so it is not my problem now.

Last note, if it was 8 thousandths+ clearance, I would be a lot more understanding and realize I screwed up measuring. But running 0.0045 clearance on a forged piston that big is just asinine in my opinion.
    1994 1100 SJ - Dead
    1996 spec hx
    "I'm going to be installing the hooker on my driveshaft in the next two weeks." -Element3488

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Water rat View Post
    This seller sold me his kawi sxr cylinder stating it need to be honed to piston clearances.Perfect i thought,as i like to use my own clearance specs.but when i received the cylinder,it had already been honed out to clearances that were to loose for my application.If i had of known this,i wouldn't have purchased it.Have to pay return shipping for cylinder and pistons back to the US from Australia.

NOT HAPPY
    Do your homework and be patient next time, then

How do you expect to measure clearances without the ****in pistons, cvnt?

If you wanna be ledge m8 you're taking the wrong route

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home kcr357's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Water rat View Post

NOT HAPPY
    Is there a reason you wanted to run .0045? Not sure what kawis like with wisecos, but seadoos usually like quite a bit more due when running wisecos due to the extra expansion
    How many gerbils could a gerbil jammer jam if a gerbil jammer could jam gerbils?

"You build cheater motor's & still get smoked !!!!"
    "Its not your fault. You just don't understand what you're talking about. "

Dayum Stu

Edit : Had a set in my 1100. Don't remember the clearance , but was told to warm the engine up real good before you start rippin'. Suppose there was quite a lot of clearance cold.
    Last edited by Cleatusjo; 03-07-2017 at 09:21 PM.
    94' Kawi TS 650cc
    93' Kawi TS, in progress

Quote Originally Posted by 88kawi5fiddy View Post
    Yeah he wants to run 0.0045" clearance with wisecos on an 85mm bore. cylinder is ready for 0.006" according to him. I gave you the bore size, no shop or person can give you piston clearance without pistons in hand. I also said I will take the return, and you have to pay for return shipping.

I also never stated what clearance will be. I gave bore size as close as my instrumentation allows.

Water rat also ended a paypal claim "amicably" so it is not my problem now.

Last note, if it was 8 thousandths+ clearance, I would be a lot more understanding and realize I screwed up measuring. But running 0.0045 clearance on a forged piston that big is just asinine in my opinion.
    agree
    RGR Racing.com

The issue is i specifically asked if the cylinder had to be honed to get suitable clearance,any machinist won't need pistons to just bore,only to hone to final clearance.As stated,the cylinder was bored to someone elses pistons,and overclearanced for my purpose.Yes i mentioned running 45thou which he said was crazy.I told him i have my own specs and run 45thou,even the wiseco box has this clearance on the box,so what,wiseco don't have a clue what specs to recommend on their own pistons? I've ordered another set which are .25mm bigger which cost me more but the only way i can use this cylinder.Returning the cylinder worked out too expensive and didn't want to risk damage in transit.If the seller had told me it had been final clearanced,i wouldn't have bought it.
    Old skool rocks!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information