Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 1992 Boston Whaler Rage w/ Yamaha WaveRunner III Jet Drive

Quote Originally Posted by jester125 View Post
    Sorry I haven't responded to you but I figured it out, the cheap metal T type handle on the drain plug had corroded and must have been ripped off somehow. I spent a while trying to remove it and installed a new SS one. As far as the bilge, my Rage didn't come with a bilge pump as it was an option along with nav lights. I bought a 600gph bilge pump and I plan on mounting it where you have yours but I don't know where to, or if I even should drill a hole in the hull to install the thru-hull fitting. If you could explain how yours is I would appreciate it.
    Thanks, Chris
    My bilge pump discharges through the transom high above the waterline near the port side. The hose is simply a piece of garden hose and the fitting wasn't caulked in to the hull so now I think maybe the previous owner added that himself? Who knows. The transom has plywood in it. Mine seemed dry, despite the wet foam in the lower portions of the hull.

Re: 1992 Boston Whaler Rage w/ Yamaha WaveRunner III Jet Drive

Quote Originally Posted by PrickofMisery View Post
    I had one of these for a minute. Cool, fun and functional little jet powered skiffs. One upgrade/option that will drastically improve performance and handling on these boats (aside from swapping the 6M6) are trim tabs (mine were hydraulic). They made a huge difference in performance and control.

Jester the steering wheel was OEM. Its seems to be a change they made during production sometime in 92.

If you guys don't already have it here is my gift to you, the factory OEM Owners Manual. I also have the Yamaha Service Manual supplement which further details the engine and drive maint/repair that was provided by Boston Whaler in conjunction with the owners manual.
    Cool little boats, would love to come across another one.
    Wow, thank you for the manual!

I've read several people post that trim tabs really helped. I haven't really felt like mine could benefit from them. Maybe someday I'll give them a try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information