Bought this about 4 summers ago with a broken hand pole. Fixed that, rode it a few times that fall. Then started modifying the stock exhaust, primer, 38mm Keihin. We found a 91 that was completely stock for my wife the next summer, that included a double trailer. It even had a working oil injection that we blocked off. It will get a new mat and primer next summer, but otherwise she likes that is reliable, and not picky like mine.
Sanded it completely down, smoothed some spots, and repainted it to get rid of the ugly red on the bottom half. Drew up a "K" and had a local vinyl shop cut a couple for the hull. Made footholds and turfed it. Discovered I had turfed the right side a different pattern from the left. Whoops.
Ran good until this past summer. Kept losing power after 10-20 minutes of riding and wouldn't restart. Found a NOS TS 650 coil, extended the plug wires, and got it back to running. I had thought it was a coil issue.
While I was getting that fixed, I replaced the stock exhaust manifold for a diverter style, and noticed severe scoring on my pistons. Time for a swap.
Locally found a clean BP 750, installed new seals, machined the case, and reinstalled last month. While installing the engine I poked around and believe the ski has a Solas impeller (unknown pitch at this time). Ready to get back on the water, in about 5 months!
BP 750 - #29 Cylinder
Bars & Grips
Stock exhaust mod & extended tail cone 3"
TR Intake Grate
Thanks for checking it out!