Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Re: New Project, JS Conversion freeride ski

Quote Originally Posted by zanesimmons View Post
    Looks good. Did you trim off any of the rhaas plate?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Not yet, but I want too. Will probably buy a extra plate before I go cutting it up. Kind of waiting to see what Chris at Pro Watercraft comes out with too.
    -95 750SXI
    -86 440 with PJS800 conversion
    -90 TS650

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in SB View Post
    What do you think about the XIR pipe? Mine hits hard and I love it!
    No complaints about the pipe. Lots of changes were made so I cant make a apples to apples comparison, but so far I like the power delivery better than the PJS 650 3 piece pipe, the 750 limited, and SXR wet pipe. The power is just always there and there is never a lack of it or hesitation.
    -95 750SXI
    -90 TS650

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bandit88 View Post
    Not yet, but I want too. Will probably buy a extra plate before I go cutting it up. Kind of waiting to see what Chris at Pro Watercraft comes out with too.
    I'm interested in the Pro Watercraft version too. I have both of the plates from Rhaas plus the pre-production version, no complaints about any of them but a skegged plate could be really cool.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Resident Guru

Nice ride report. That pole is the bomb. When are we going to get all the Michigan conversions together for a ride.

Overall it was a good weekend riding the conversion ski. Now that the initial joy just being able to ride it has worn off, so does the rose tinted glasses.

-The Hull: The hull overall feels good. No longer feels like a JS hull as the other conversion ski I rode still does. Wish the front sponsons were bigger as the rocker has made it more difficult to rail a corner. Love the rocker though, and its going to be great in Lake Michigan waves, only issue is that without the front lip, all of the water displaced when the nose its the water goes into your face. I will live with that. Pump feels good, no cavitation, but I have too much pull and going over small boat wake and stuff when wide open the pump unloads a little. Needs a scoop grate at a minimum and ultimately a pump stuffer. Would also like to pitch the impeller a little lower, its at 14/18 right now, would like to see a 12/16. Hull handles the speed very well though, much better than I was expecting. I am going to start experimenting with rideplate mods and trimming the nozzle up a little. The ski overall jumped pretty flat.

-Motor: Overall snappy, has much better bottom than I was expecting. Top end is lacking. No GPS numbers but we guesstimate upper 40s-50. Not bad by any means, and honestly this doesnt need to be faster. I think there are several things contributing to this that each are taking away 1-2mph. I will fix some of those things and leave others. Pipe is cool and wet, I may dry the pipe out a little more, but not a lot. I remembered on the Advent, I am running the SXI 10 curve which is the weakest of my curve set, and possible the weakest of all. This I will be fixing soon. Carbs still need more tuning, still too rich. This is on going and will be fixed. And, water injection settings could probably be tweaked a bit. Overall the ski is solid and a joy to ride, but there is room for improvement.
    Last edited by bandit88; 09-26-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    -95 750SXI
    -90 TS650

Not a super big update, but did a little work. Pulled the ebox and cranked the timing up a bit to curve SXI22, also re-adjusted the revlimit, and water settings. Reinstalling the ebox was a paint, but not as bad as I thought it would be, just had to pull the headpipe. Also installed a limiting rope and some Kahuna hood latches. I will probably put a pump wedge in to trim the nozzle up a couple degrees before we go ride some Lake Michigan waves on Sunday.

zT8W_0-BhmLnCw2ByLoTcEv0K4Fty5nOs2MO3FWHGoYpX92IB?viewBox=1265%u00252C949.jpeg
    -95 750SXI
    -90 TS650

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home theVetteman3's Avatar

Nice progress. One thing to consider is what BLRider and I are running into. We found that going steeper on the impeller pitch actually gave us more low end. With my ski, it was so under pitched that the lower impellers would just cause a smoother delivery of power, like I have said before. When I increased the pitch and then reduced the nozzle size from 80 to 76, there was actually a big improvement in low end. I think these big engines require a bit more finesse on setting up with the right pitch. Anyway keep up the good work, this is a beast of a ski.
    1985 JS550/800 "Pretty Red": Newmiller 800, Rhaas 750 pump conv. [56.3mph gps]
    2009 1100 SJ:
    Kawi 1100
    2009 SJ MINT:
    KP steering adaptor, Worx 228 intake [45.6mph gps]
    1987 WJ650:
    6M6, JD Intake Grate, 17/20, cheater pipe [42.4mph gps]
    1994 XiR: 830cc Superstock, PJS side draft, 13/18 swirl [53.7mph gps]
    1998 SXI PRO:
    3DR hull mods [TBD]

I was planning on bringing my nozzle down from 82 to 80 and see how it feels. I feel my impeller is decently steep, hooker 14/18 and was actually thinking of taking it down to 12/18 but that would probably be one of the last adjustments I would do.
    -95 750SXI
    -90 TS650

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread Information