Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Engine swap help! 1999 Nautica RIB with Yamaha twin that is TOAST

Looking for some expert input here. I just picked up this inflatable boat with a twin yamie jet system. I knew the motor was seized but until I pulled it out of the boat, I couldn't tell how bad it was. This thing looks like it was in Davie Jonses locker for the last ten years. I mean FULL of corrosion. Even the "sealed" electrical box had about a cup of dried salt crystals. I've decided to not even waste my time opening the motor.. These boats are fairly rare out here, otherwise I'd scoop another running one. Time to take another route

GONNA LOOK FOR A DONOR SKI...

I have two 2001 XL 800's (removed the oil injection, added wave eater clips) that have been nothing but good to me. We use our boats for access to fishing and surf spots about 14 miles up the coast. We beach launch using dollies, and have to pound through some decent size wind chop and swell, so a big hull, and being lightweight are important. Point is, I know and love these motors AND it would be sweet to be able to interchange parts Ito need to diagnose something.

The trashed motor from the nautica is marked 63n j700l (apparently a wave venture 700?), and it allegedly has a 63E jet drive, but I can't locate an ID tag.

1. If I find another 800 powervalve motor and all its electrical parts, how much customizing will I need to do for it to fit in place of the 700?

2.What motors (and skis they came in) would be the easiest, cheapest, and most dependable to drop in?

3. Will that pump handle the additional horsepower?

THANKS in advance for your expert opinions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Engine swap help! 1999 Nautica RIB with Yamaha twin that is TOAST

Here's a couple more pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PWCToday Regular

Pulling this old thread as I need similar help. Questions in a few minutes.

PWCToday Regular

Need following info please:

In second picture, there is a clear/striped hose hooked up to the rubber piece on top of the exhaust. Where does that hose go to?

There is a hose hooked up to the fitting on the top front of the head. Where does that hose go to?

There is a fitting at the back top of the head. What gets hooked up to that?

Thanks

Thread Information