Re: 2017 Kawasaki SX-R

2019 SXR

Top Dog

ooooohhh.BNG!

PWCToday Newbie

New stickers are better than '17-'18.
    Anybody know how many SSR 1500 have been sold since coming out?

Top Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Jetb0y View Post
    New stickers are better than '17-'18.
    Anybody know how many SSR 1500 have been sold since coming out?
    about 35 or so based on sea level rise calculations!

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by grant22 View Post
    I just bought one a couple months ago and love it. I'm forty, rec ride only, and have been riding an 800 and '13 SJ for a few years. Also, like you, a dirtbike rider.

This new SXR should be perfect for your needs, especially if you don't feel like sinking money into it. You could enjoy it absolutely 100% stock.

It's size: yes it's big but becomes smaller as you get underway. It's size can be a problem on a normal standup jetski trailer, tho. The size aides in stability, tho, if that's something you're after.

Acceleration: the hole shot acceleration or acceleration from 5-10mph is there and without cavitation.

Top speed: holy sh$t is all I have to say about that. Stand toward the rear, get way down, and hang on. Hope you're wearing your boner shorts.

Turning: this thing carves for days. Low speed or higher speed turns demand a little finesse, but once you have it, you have it.

Stability: this is where it can get boring for some, but it's front sponsons really help keep the nose out of the water in chop and turns. Speaking of chop, this ski doesn't know what chop is. It just laughs at it. For longer rides, this ski is less fatiguing than the smaller skis.

For any older guys, like me, who want to rec ride for days, this ski really fits the bill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    grant22 or others how would you compare this to a 800 SXR for first time riders. I have an 800 SXR and love it. I have had people that are athletic water skiers or wake boarders get on my ski, stand up and are able to progress to slow 180 and 90 degree turns quickly without falling over all the time. What about the SXR1500. Would they have the same success? I read a comment about the 1500 that at slow speeds it falls over like the titanic. Slow to moderate speed how much different is it than the 800 SXR?

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by trailrider View Post
    grant22 or others how would you compare this to a 800 SXR for first time riders. I have an 800 SXR and love it. I have had people that are athletic water skiers or wake boarders get on my ski, stand up and are able to progress to slow 180 and 90 degree turns quickly without falling over all the time. What about the SXR1500. Would they have the same success? I read a comment about the 1500 that at slow speeds it falls over like the titanic. Slow to moderate speed how much different is it than the 800 SXR?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Hi Mike

It definitely doesnít fall over in low speed maneuvers.

Its bigger and heavier. It responds less to your body movement. Itís also super buoyant which keeps me from being able to sub it or hover it (whatever itís called when you get it vertical with the back half under water.

But it its faster, more stable (not that the 809 is unstable) at high speeds as well as low speed.

Your friends wont have any problems with it at all

We have an 800 SXR and a couple of 750 SXi Pros we ride all the time. Spent some time on a friends 1500 SXR and was very impressed. The speed and acceleration were amazing. That being said it's bug, stable and predictable. Good or bad traits depending on your point of view. Works really well carving on flat lake water with no opportunities to jump, etc... Wouldn't trade one of our 750's for it in Lake Michigan for wave jumping though. Would like to have one on the trailer for the the right riding conditions though.

PWCToday Newbie

I am beginner-intermediate rider. I have about 35 hrs of ride time. I just carve 180s and 90s and get pretty low. I am not super fast and don't do any jumping. How much am I going to have to relearn in going from a 800 SXR to a 1500 SXR?

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by trailrider View Post
    I am beginner-intermediate rider. I have about 35 hrs of ride time. I just carve 180s and 90s and get pretty low. I am not super fast and don't do any jumping. How much am I going to have to relearn in going from a 800 SXR to a 1500 SXR?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Not much The 1500 was super easy to ride compared to our other skis.

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293

Thread Information