» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

550sx pump rebuild

Hey Guys,
    My 550sx pump came without any pump seals in it, shock and horror
    Ive purchased new bearings and seals.
    Can someone please advise me on the orientation of the 2 pump seals. Do they face up or down, do they face eachother?
    I have already learnt that the springs go on the outside but I have no idea how and where to install the 2 seals

Thanks and regards
    Dani

Re: 550sx pump rebuild

They go in the front of the pump, both with the spring side facing forward. One right after the other.

Frequent Poster

Guys, I want to replace the bearings and seal in my 550SX also. Can you give me a few steps on how to remove the old seals and bearings. Also how do you install the new bearings?

I've replaced bearings and races in my trailer wheels - is it basically the same idea: tap the old ones out with a hammer and long punch and install the new ones by tapping them in with a socket (same diameter as the bearing outer ring)?

Thanks.

Frequent Poster

Well because no one replied to my message I guess I will. So after asking some question on a Facebook page some guys gave me the steps to remove and install the new bearings. It was very similar to how you would replace bearings on your trailer. Tap the old ones out and tap the new ones in.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fastgtfairlane's Avatar

to install the new bearings you can freeze the impeller shaft then lightly heat the inner race of the bearing with a heat gun and i will slide on like butter. the heated race of the bearing will heat the impeller shaft enough to expand back to size and lock the bearing in place so you have to work quickly.
    91 440; PJS Viper 7000, jetsport exhaust mani, factory full pipe, coffman waterbox,solas 17*, jetco worked 440 pump, ocean pro nozzles. shredmaster ocean rideplate and grate combo, wide tray, footholds, deep strake mod, driveshaft fill,650sx quick turn

build thread part 1: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=331343
    build thread part 2: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=364872
    build thread part 3: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=396154

Thread Information