• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vocalDyslexic
    Frequent Poster
    • Jun 2012

Seeking a SXR demo ride

if this is wrong place, i apologize , was only TX area i could find on site.

Long version of a Short story

Seeking a sxr demo. we have a x2 and my boy loves it. hes like 6'4 190 tho, and im 6'0 NOT 190, and find it under powered considerably. i think a SXR is what I want. My plan to ensure it has no trouble pulling my fat *** around would be to kawa-doo 951 it over the winter, but before dropping cash on a race prepped complete sxr with with no powerplant, and swinging the negotiations for the magnum pump to stay in the sxr, I really wanna ride one. any help would be greatly appreciated. every dad will understand this im sure, but when that time comes where they start telling you how much better they are @ everything than you you are, its time to educate. problem is i cant out ride him on a ski that complains when i get up on it. if anyone thinks a superjet would be better, please tell why. i an not a fanboy of either. both are awsome, but what i care about is stability and being able to get my fused ankle in an acceptable location /angle so I can relearn to ride in a diff position. I believe the SXR tray is wider, giving me more room for tweaking my foot placement. Should be noted ive never ridden a 96+ RN superjet, but in '95 vs newest and last year SN's , my '94 750sx would out accelerate, out top speed and would stick a high bank lean enough for my shoulders or forehead to touch the water, depending on direction of course. ive looked into getting a sxi pro hull and going kawa-doo with that, but from my understanding same issue as the X2, the tilted cyl configuration on the 951 is a issue, but have been told the larger hull SXR will welcome the 951.

now the Short version of a Long story

thanks for making it this far thru the rambling

-CrazyTim

would like to arrange a standup get together if u will, with people interested in swapping out and riding different machines. Similar to how sea-doo does there demo days. if anyone is interested please hit me with a msg. Id like to do this today, We will be heading there shortly.
  • linkman
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    • Aug 2011

Re: Seeking a SXR demo ride

I think even a stock SXR will suffice for your needs. While it probably wouldn't out-accelerate your 750sx, it would have a higher top speed and carve even better than that or an X2. It is rated at 80 horsepower. It is an extremely stable platform.

The 4 stroke SXR coming in the next few months will almost certainly be even more powerful and is also designed for racing like its 2 stroke predecessor. The rumor mill indicates it will also be somewhat larger and heavier.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Originally posted by cujo
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

Comment

• vocalDyslexic
      Frequent Poster
      • Jun 2012

Appreciate the feedback. I really wanna ride one. It seems odd to me that I've never actually seen one on tha lake or would have asked to give it a go. If anyone has one, or knows someone with a sxr in the DFW area I'd happily pay for all fuel, if you/they would wanna come ride with us , and or possibly we could work out a rental for the day price, caus its gona take me a little while to get comfortable enough on it to really be able to evaluate if it is what i want.

Comment

• linkman
        PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
        • Aug 2011

Strangely enough, I have found that SXR owners are a bit stingy on allowing others to ride their skis. This has been in stark contrast to others that have offered me to ride theirs (SJs, sit-downs, Wetbikes, the whole older line of Kawis, etc.), in many cases without even asking for a "trade ride" with whatever ski I have with me at the moment.
        Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Originally posted by cujo
        God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

Comment

Working...
        X