User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

750 porting options?

I been reading Groups K 750 page for many years and done some of the mods on it. I'm going to have my cylinder head ported around November time frame. Probably the busiest time of the year for them? Anyways are there different levels of porting for my requirements? The website mentioned "Porting stages are A) Sleeper, B) Hammer 92 octane, & C) Hammer 105 octane".

Well my engine is the big pin 750 Zxi. I already run octane 93 on my 180cc compression head, exhaust pipe, flame arrestor, Skat Trak 14/19 swirl, and other mods. So, "B" option for the porting be good? Or is the porting the same between them all?

I don't see the hammer 92 for the Zxi, so is the option not available then? My goal is to pick up top end. My low end acceleration is very good.

Regards

Re: 750 porting options?

I meant to say just the cylinder porting. I already have a cylinder head.

Tech Guru Resident Guru

Conk,
    Please know that the Sleeper and 92 octane Hammer porting/head mod specs are the same.... the 105 specs have higher port timings, and compression ratios. If you have a head, we still need to have it to confirm it is within oue spec range.
    BTW, on that machine, we normally run a Skat 9/17 ot 10/18 C-75 with a nozzle taper bored to 80mm .... an 14/19 is "WAY" too step.
    November is in our slow time, so faster turn arounds are possible.

Respectfully, Harry Klemm

Quote Originally Posted by Conkerbfd View Post
    I been reading Groups K 750 page for many years and done some of the mods on it. I'm going to have my cylinder head ported around November time frame. Probably the busiest time of the year for them? Anyways are there different levels of porting for my requirements? The website mentioned "Porting stages are A) Sleeper, B) Hammer 92 octane, & C) Hammer 105 octane".

Well my engine is the big pin 750 Zxi. I already run octane 93 on my 180cc compression head, exhaust pipe, flame arrestor, Skat Trak 14/19 swirl, and other mods. So, "B" option for the porting be good? Or is the porting the same between them all?

I don't see the hammer 92 for the Zxi, so is the option not available then? My goal is to pick up top end. My low end acceleration is very good.

Regards
    Unless otherwise stated, responses to all forum posts are based on my personal experiences working within the PWC industry, and developing high performance PWCs since 1987.

www.groupk.com

Harry,
    Thanks for clearing up my confusion on the porting on the cylinder. Do I send you the acorn nuts also? What is the preferred method of payment? Money order, cashier's check, or other?

And the impeller. I have a 9/17 swirl, which Impros impeller professional received today. I made a request to repitch it to 14/19 to pick up some top end speeds. I guess that is not the case. So, I will keep calling them to cancel it. Should it stay 9/17 or go to 10/18? It is a C75 as you mentioned.
    Regards,

Jon

Thread Information