Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Dirty deeds, death and destruction. PWC News

Police: Owner of firebombed Daytona jet ski shop suspect in arson

DAYTONA BEACH, FL An inferno that destroyed a jet ski rental business was sparked by a firebomb, an investigator said Thursday, and the owner of the shop is one of two people police are calling suspects.
    The morning Action Jet Ski and Boat Rentals at 925 Sickler Road blew up, giant flames lighting the early morning sky, a witness told sheriff's dispatchers that he saw two men arrive in a green Ford pickup and park next to the shop. One of the men emerged from the truck and threw something inside the business, prompting an explosion seconds later.

Daytona Beach police Sgt. Kim Gernert said Thursday morning that there are two suspects investigators are looking into and one of them is the owner of the business. Volusia County property records show that the owner of the jet ski rental shop is Allen Weinberg of New Smyrna Beach.
    Gernert said police believe the other suspect could be a former partner of Weinberg's.
    The sergeant also said that the explosion was fueled by an accelerant placed in a glass jar a "firebomb" or "Molotov ****tail" and thrown inside the business the morning of July 23 just after 3 a.m. The State Fire Marshal's office is investigating the incident, as well. Gernert said there was gasoline inside the shop for the jet skis.
    "We have evidence they threw a jar with an accelerant inside of it," Gernert said.
    Reached at his residence in New Smyrna Beach, Weinberg yelled for several seconds then said, "I could not have possibly gained anything from it (burning the business down). I'm trying to keep the five families alive that depend on it! (the business)."
    The business remains open just across from where the shop stood on Sickler.

ursday afternoon two employees were busy renting jet skis to a few families who plunked down $55 for half an hour's ride on the Halifax River. A blue 10-by-10-foot tent served as cover for employee Joanne Santoriello who was taking money from customers and handing out safety vests hanging nearby on a metal rack.

"My boss didn't have any insurance so why would he burn the place down?" Santoriello asked. "He's been paying us out of his pocket to keep five families afloat. For some of us this is our only job that we're supporting families with. We're going to rebuild.
    "To be named as a suspect, I'm really shocked, Santoriello said.

The morning of the blaze, a witness called 9-1-1 describing what he had seen. The witness then began following the two men as the driver of the Ford took off.
    "One male ran up there to the front of the building!" the witness said at the time to a sheriff's dispatcher.
    Court records show that Weinberg was sued in 2009 by a customer who claimed that unsafe conditions at the jet ski business caused him to sustain an injury to his foot. The suit did not settle until August 2015 when Weinberg was ordered to pay the plaintiff, Mark Kaye, $12,000. According to the settlement agreement, $2,000 had to be paid by Aug. 15, 2015. The remaining $10,000 was to be paid over 20 months at $500 a month, on the first of every month.
    No one has been arrested in the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

Re: Dirty deeds, death and destruction. PWC News

Teen airlifted to hospital after jet ski accident off North Topsail Beach

GREENVILLE, NC

An 18-year-old man has been airlifted to New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. after a jet ski accident Sunday afternoon.

A spokesperson with North Topsail Beach confirms the teen was riding a jet ski in the New River Inlet when he came off the jet ski and hit his head.

He was brought to shore by boat and airlifted to the hospital.

There's no word on the extent of his injuries.

North Topsail Police, North Topsail Fire and Rescue, Onslow County EMS and the Turkey Creek Volunteer Fire Dept. all responded to the call.
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....

Last edited by aggrovated; 08-23-2016 at 11:33 PM.

Oakland man dies in Jet Ski crash

http://www.sfgate.com/news/bayarea/a...sh-9142396.php

An Oakland man died Saturday evening in South Lake Tahoe when he fell off a Jet Ski he was on with a friend, South Lake Tahoe police said today.

Dispatchers received a 911 call at 6:10 p.m. of two missing jet skiers on Lake Tahoe.

Oakland resident Raeshon Williams, 22, and a friend were riding on the Jet Ski about 450 yards from shore when the watercraft hit a wave, knocking both off, South Lake Tahoe police Sgt. Travis Cabral said.

Williams' was the passenger on the Jet Ski. Williams' friend was able to get back on the watercraft and look for Williams, but could not find him.

he water was cold and about 10 feet deep where the two crashed, Cabral said. Neither of the two was wearing a life jacket.

A California Highway Patrol helicopter responded and at 7:27 p.m. located Williams below the surface of the water, according to Cabral.

Paramedics tried to save his life but Williams was pronounced dead at 7:50 p.m.

Kiwi dies in jet ski accident in WA

A New Zealander has died in a jet ski accident in Western Australia.

Scott D!ckey, originally from Waiuku, died in an accident off Fremantle on Tuesday according to WA Today.

The 30-year-old was found floating unconscious in the water about 4.30pm, with a jet ski nearby.

WA Today said he leaves behind a two-year-old daughter.

He was rushed to Fiona Stanley Hospital where he died a short time later.
    Last edited by JonnyX2; 08-25-2016 at 10:49 PM.

2 men accused of stealing at least 9 personal watercraft in Miami Beach

http://www.local10.com/news/crime/2-...in-miami-beach

Detectives say suspects may be involved in more thefts

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - Two men were arrested Wednesday for stealing at least nine personal watercraft and a paddleboard in Miami Beach, authorities said.

Miami Beach police spokesman Ernesto Rodriguez said the men were questioned earlier in the day about the theft of 17 personal watercraft that were reported stolen in the last two months throughout the city.

So far, detectives said they have tied the men to nine personal watercraft thefts and it's unclear whether other people were involved in the other eight cases.

The men were identified by police as Alejandro Alvarez, 20, of Hialeah, and Carlos Escutary, 39, of Homestead.

Surveillance video from a Star Island home showed two men on July 17 stealing a gray 2016 Yamaha WaveRunner FX/SHO series from the dock.

Another 2013 Yamaha WaveRunner was reported missing June 22 from a rear floating dock on Rivo Alto Drive.

A neighbor saw two men towing away the WaveRunner using a second WaveRunner, authorities said.

"Just last year alone, (the) Miami Beach Police Department arrested a ring of four individuals who went around doing the same thing," Rodriguez told reporters earlier this month. "(In) at least two of the cases, there are similarities in some of our video surveillance and still images, and that is something our detectives are pursuing."

Police believe that the thieves are stealing the personal watercraft for the parts.

"They steal them for parts," marine patrol Officer Duane Rezende said. "They take their motors, they supe them up these days. They go 100 mph, some of them. When they blow the motors, they just go take yours, take your motor, put it in theirs and they normally ditch the rest of it."

Police said the 17 stolen personal watercraft are worth a total of about $250,000.
    Last edited by JonnyX2; 08-25-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Police: 5 injured in 2 personal watercraft accidents

http://www.courierpostonline.com/sto...ents/88752982/

OCEAN CITY - Five people have been hospitalized following two personal watercraft crashes in South Jersey.

State troopers say the first crash happened in the bay near a bridge in Ocean City around 1 p.m. Sunday when two personal watercrafts collided. Three people sustained injuries that weren’t considered life-threatening, and a fourth was airlifted to a hospital in stable condition.

The second crash occurred a short time later in Galloway Township, where a woman ran aground. Police say she was also airlifted to a hospital. It’s unclear what the woman’s condition is.

Troopers are investigating both incidents.

Man Rescued After Fall From Personal Watercraft in Bay Later Dies

http://thesandpaper.villagesoup.com/...r-dies/1564523

On Sunday, Aug. 21, members of the Long Beach Township Beach Patrol and the Long Beach Township Police Department Water Rescue Team came to the aid of a man who fell off a personal watercraft in the bay, near channel marker 76. A call came in to police dispatch at approximately 1:30 p.m., and the caller stated the victim was having difficulty breathing.

The LBTPD’s Ptl. Paul Vereb and Ptl. Sean Ferguson drove to Bayview Park with the team’s water rescue Humvee, and launched water rescue PWCs to respond to the incident.

“The Long Beach Township Beach Patrol had already made contact with the victim and had loaded him onto their PWC” when Vereb and Ferguson arrived, the department explained. “All units arrived back to the area of the Brant Beach Yacht Club with the victim, who was pulse-less and not breathing.”

The officers and lifeguards began life-saving efforts and were able to restore a weak pulse, said the police. The victim, Joseph J. Bernhardt, 69, of East Hampton, N.J., was subsequently transported by Beach Haven First Aid Squad to Community Medical Center, where he later passed away.

LBT Officer Mark Stanish, LBT Special Officers Randy Cabrera and Franny Jarin, and LBTBP lifeguards Tracey Schmidt, Patrick Craig, Robert Lynch, Austin Schwerzel and Ryan Metz were all involved in the rescue efforts.

"They go 100 mph, some of them."

These are sad accidents mostly due to stupidity, but I can't help but laugh at how they exaggerate their point to embellish the story in most cases.
    Last edited by aggrovated; 08-25-2016 at 11:00 PM.

Man driving personal watercraft dies from apparent asthma attack

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...watercraf.html

GOLDEN TOWNSHIP, MI – A man died on Silver Lake over the weekend when he apparently suffered an asthma attack while riding a personal watercraft.

The incident occurred near the northwest corner of Silver Lake at approximately 2:34 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 13. Deputies with the Oceana County Marine Division were dispatched to a possible drowning.

Deputies were told that individual, Michael Shamon, 26, of Shelby Township, was out of the water and was being given CPR by a nurse who was on scene, according to a news release

Upon doing further interviews from witnesses, officials found that Shamon had been yelling for assistance while on his watercraft. It was discovered that he suffers from severe asthma and may have been having an asthma attack.

The incident is still under investigation but appears to be a medical death, the news release said.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information