Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 650sx freestyle

Re: 650sx freestyle

I think the 750 electrics sound like the best way to go. How I see it is if something works why fix it! I also want to shorten the ski and handle pole and make some foot holds but one thing at a time. For now I think my focus should be the motor. And while I've got everything apart I'm thinking of doing the top end before putting in the 750. Hopefully by next season I'll have enough power to scare myself with! Just wondering tho when you take the oil resivoir out what mix do you run? I run 32-1 in my 300 but I know some people that all run 50-1. It doesn't hurt to run too much oil and smoke a little more but I'm afraid of not running enough and blowing the motor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fanning75 View Post
    I think the 750 electrics sound like the best way to go. How I see it is if something works why fix it! I also want to shorten the ski and handle pole and make some foot holds but one thing at a time. For now I think my focus should be the motor. And while I've got everything apart I'm thinking of doing the top end before putting in the 750. Hopefully by next season I'll have enough power to scare myself with! Just wondering tho when you take the oil resivoir out what mix do you run? I run 32-1 in my 300 but I know some people that all run 50-1. It doesn't hurt to run too much oil and smoke a little more but I'm afraid of not running enough and blowing the motor.
    750's are rated at 50:1. My SXR was 60:1

I think the 750 electrics sound like the best way to go. How I see it is if something works why fix it!
    Because 750 stators are known garbage. Redline problem using 650 electronics can be fixed with either a dales coil [aftermarket] or an '86 X2 coil that has no redline.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Girlfriends ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 84mm 61x, ported, protec pipe, Groupk head 175psi w/protec girdle, protec ride plate, MSD coil, UMI grate, Roundnose pole -4", rev footholds, sweet green turf+wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

Oh I didnt realize that. So if I used a dales coil and 650 electrics I would have to tap bigger treads for the 650 stator tho right? I don't have a lot of experience with tapping threads so I'm afraid of messing something up and creating a new problem for myself.

What's the word on this? How'd it go? I'm doing the same thing but a lot more extensive. Looking to see what problems you ran into.

Sent from my iPhone using your mom.

So I'm riding a 650sx, and have gotten into freestyle. I've pretty much mastered subs wheelies 180s, the old school tricks. I ride about 5-6 days a week so I have a lot of time to mess around learning stuff. I just started trying barrel rolls, but being on a lake there's no waves more than about 2 feet. I think it's possible off of something that small but I haven't had success. I'll attach a video of one of my atempts. I've done better but this is the only video I have. Any other tricks to try or advice on the barrel roll would be great! Thanks, Liam
    Attachment 507872

Looks awesome, how has your ski been holding up? I want to attempt barrel rolls and nose stabs with my 650. I'm just afraid of breaking something. Have you damaged anything?

Honestly the only thing I can see breaking is the handle pole. With this in mind just run a cable set up so I doesn't over extend and you should be fine. I've actually been riding for 2 years without my pole spring now, and that's the last thing I broke. As far as nose stabs go you can pull them off flat water with a little practice. I've only managed to get about 3/4 of the way around doing a roll so if you're on a lake I'd say get used to a lot of upside down landings.

Dear taintlessed, the swap went well, I actually managed to have it done in a weekend. I kept the 750 electrics with the 750 motor. The problems were getting rid of the oil tank, finding a place for the ebox(this is why I got rid of the oil tank), getting the throttle hooked up, gas lines, and the choke. How i fixed this: I took the oil tank out and put the ebox where it was on the gas tank. I did have a sketchy rig with the 650 throttle cable, but I eventually just got the 750 cable and lever. The gas lines I had used had two layers, so when I got on the gas the inner layer collapsed and the ski would stall out. Just use good gas lines to fix that. The choke cable I never hooked up, and I still haven't bothered with the primer, but these are gonna have to be done cuz is wont start cold without either. Also don't be an idiot like me, tighten the hose clamp to the exhaust, I just about sank my ski on its maiden voyage!
    Last edited by Fanning75; 04-17-2017 at 01:08 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hyosung's Avatar

i suggest you have a look at my build thread on how to build a freestyle sx650, there is instructions for hood straps and may other useful mod that will save your ski from sinking in the surf ! build thread just click on the link in my sig VVVVVVV ,
    2 x 650 sx custom build (my toys) http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=425767

modded X2 650

stock looking ZXI 900 ""being cannibalized to sponsor a 650 sx build """

Jerry Rigging is my specialty .....

Originally Posted by hyosung
    so when you say i """ hammer and slap things together """ this may be so , BUT they are hammered and slapped together SOLID

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information