Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 650sx freestyle

650sx freestyle

So I'm riding a 650sx, and have gotten into freestyle. I've pretty much mastered subs wheelies 180s, the old school tricks. I ride about 5-6 days a week so I have a lot of time to mess around learning stuff. I just started trying barrel rolls, but being on a lake there's no waves more than about 2 feet. I think it's possible off of something that small but I haven't had success. I'll attach a video of one of my atempts. I've done better but this is the only video I have. Any other tricks to try or advice on the barrel roll would be great! Thanks, Liam
    trim.287D979C-254D-42C1-BF7E-870D097378E3.MOV
    Attached Files Attached Files

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home TMali's Avatar

Re: 650sx freestyle

Mo powa!

Ha I figured! Mo powa means mo money tho, something I don't have a lot of...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Rushford_Ripper's Avatar

Find a cheap 750 sit down and drop that motor in there!

Do the free mods like drilling the stock waterbox and mod the stock pipe (that is if your running stock parts)
    Last edited by Rushford_Ripper; 08-19-2016 at 08:25 AM.

I've gotta look up those mods cuz I am running a stock exaugst system. Also I'm trying to save up for a bigger ski but I'm not having a lot of luck finding a deal anywhere near as what I got on my 650. (I don't think anyone's crazy enough to sell a superjet for $500!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fanning75 View Post
    I've gotta look up those mods cuz I am running a stock exaugst system. Also I'm trying to save up for a bigger ski but I'm not having a lot of luck finding a deal anywhere near as what I got on my 650. (I don't think anyone's crazy enough to sell a superjet for $500!)
    A superjet, no not likely. I did however buy myself a '93 kawi 750 SS for under that. Seeing as a 750 in a 650sx doesn't require anything more than just dropping in the engine, it'd be a worthwhile upgrade(not to mention you can sell your 650 engine).

My buddy has a 650sx with a 750 in it and it rides great. He also modded the stock 650 pipe etc. along with that. Keep your eyes open for a 750 sitdown. I bought mine and sold the hull and other un-needed parts which made it almost a free upgrade for me.

Thank you so much for telling me this! It's really just a bolt and go?!?! I want to go for a freestyle ski so the 650 hull would need some work done to it but I think that I might be able to make this work. My biggest issue is hooking up trim to the pump but I'm trying to find an x2 nozzle I could use. Well it looks like I got some research to do and maybe a project to bring home this winter!

Kinda a bolt and go. You either put the electrical box from the 750 on the gas tank under the straps or you drill and tap the 750 cases for the 650 stator and flywheel and then yes it really just bolts in.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Girlfriends ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 718cc, pro tec pipe, Groupk head 175psi w/protec girdle, protec ride plate, MSD coil, UMI grate, Roundnose pole -4", rev footholds, sweet green turf and wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

Huh in didn't think the 750 e box would be too big. I wouldn't want to mess up the stator so I'd just go with strapping the 750 e box somewhere other than where it's supposed to go. I guess if there's a will there's a way! I'm looking around now at how much power I could gain and mostly trying to find a 750. Thanks for the help this has really opened my eyes to a whole new way to go with my ski!

Blog Entries

I'd suggest sticking with the 750 electrics. Some swear by the 650 electrics mod as a performance boost, while others would rule against that with it's rev limiter. My brother and I both built 550/750 conversions this last winter. He went with a 650 stator/ebox and I didn't. He doesn't like the 650 electrics, says it's too restrictive and doesn't rev high enough. Theirs likely a different CDI you could get to counter this, but I personally like the straight 750 setup, provided you have a solid stator. If you find a project sitdown, it'll likely have a weak/dead stator. I got a professionally re-wound one, which I would also suggest you do at some point just to keep your ski consistent. I will admit, that the stator is a weak point for early 750's, but also usually results in a cheaper price tag. And yes the sitdown ebox is large, but I stuffed it in my 550. My buddies 650/750 is sitting where he deleted the oil reservoir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information