pxctoday

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    18

    Re: Got in trouble in Wisconsin

    We just moved onto the lake - Lake Tichigan near Milwaukee. I said I had read the rules of the lake but this was new to me. That is when he said it was state wide.

  2. #12
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Age
    49
    Posts
    8,582
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Got in trouble in Wisconsin

    Yeah, I have lived on the fox river/tichigan lake since 1995. Been riding here since about 1990.

    Were you stopped while on the river itself or on the lake? Were you north or south of the green and red buoys?

    Or were you in the little bay on the east side of the lake?


    WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

    Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

    http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

    I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

  3. #13
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Age
    49
    Posts
    8,582
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Got in trouble in Wisconsin

    If you haven't learned yet where the water patrol boat is kept on its lift, you will find this information valuable. When riding, the first thing to check is whether or not the patrol boat is on its lift or not.


    WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

    Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

    http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

    I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

  4. #14
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    18

    Re: Got in trouble in Wisconsin

    I think I have seen you guys ride out there; two stand ups, white? If you ride there a lot I will bring my superjet up. Anyways this is where I was:

    https://www.google.com/maps/@42.8123.../data=!3m1!1e3

    I know this area can get busy but no one was around me at the time and I was keeping an eye out.

  5. #15
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Age
    49
    Posts
    8,582
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Got in trouble in Wisconsin

    Yep, you were in "please give me a ticket bay". I never ever ride in that bay. No reason to, and there tends to be people fishing in that bay all the time. I stay away from fishermen. The only thing you're accomplishing in that bay is pissing off 270 degrees worth of residents who pay property taxes and will call the cops. I'm not even sure if you can stay 200 feet from shore in that bay. You're lucky you just got one ticket. Make your hard turns in the center of the lake, 1,000 feet from shore, and you won't have a cop for an audience.

    I have many super jets. Some are white. I have many friends that ride with me with many super jets, fx1s, and blasters of varied colors.

    I ride here a lot. I have lived on this waterway for 21 years. The cops plow wake for me on weeknights when I ask nicely.
    Last edited by fox river pwc; 08-07-2016 at 09:24 PM.


    WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

    Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

    http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

    I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

  6. #16
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    18

    Re: Got in trouble in Wisconsin

    Thanks - I'll keep that in mind. We are on the corner edge between lake and bay. We have two seadoos and a blue superjet at home. Ever do group rides there?

  7. #17
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Age
    49
    Posts
    8,582
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Got in trouble in Wisconsin

    You're welcome. It's normally 5-8 of us riding on the weekends. 20 or so of us were riding in central wisconsin this weekend. Be sure to check out the bjp website in my sig. Chase me down on the lake. I'll show you the ropes. I know the river/lake fairly well


    WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

    Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

    http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

    I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

  8. #18
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    18

    Re: Got in trouble in Wisconsin

    Are they okay with stand ups there? I have been run out of the chain for the most part and the only place I have left is the Illinois river

  9. #19
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas, USA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,865

    Re: Got in trouble in Wisconsin

    Yeah, you can beat this one in court, unless they can prove you were near someone while doing it.

    Here's the Wisconsin boater's handbook:
    http://dnr.wi.gov/files/pdf/pubs/le/le0301.pdf

    Specifically, it is illegal to:
    Operate a vessel repeatedly in a circuitous manner within 200 feet of another vessel or person in the water.

    And here is the Wisconsin statute:

    http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/stat...utes/30/V/68/5

    30.68  Prohibited operation.

    (4m) Facing backwards. No person may operate a personal watercraft while facing backwards.
    (5) Operating in circular course. No person may operate a motorboat repeatedly in a circuitous course around any other boat, or around any person who is swimming, if such circuitous course is within 200 feet of such boat or swimmer; nor shall any boat or water skier operate or approach closer than 100 feet to any skin diver's flag or any swimmer unless the boat is part of the skin diving operation or is accompanying the swimmer, or unless physical conditions make compliance impossible.

    I had to include the backwards portion. I hope that's not the case in other states!
    Last edited by linkman; 08-07-2016 at 10:15 PM.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

    1984 JS440
    1989 650sx
    1991 X2
    1992 750sx
    1995 900zxi (qty 2)
    1995 X2

    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

  10. #20
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Age
    49
    Posts
    8,582
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Got in trouble in Wisconsin

    I wouldn't ride on the chain if you paid me. I have several IL riding buddies who drive up to ride with me.

    I have been riding nothing but stand ups on the fox/tichigan for 26 years. I wouldn't have chosen to live here and raise my family here if I didn't feel welcome here. Frankly, the cops here know me well and they recognize that me and my friends on stand ups are not part of the group of boaters who tend to cause real problems. Frankly, 99% of the stand ups you will see on the river/tichigan are me and/or my friends, therefore there is only a 1% chance that you will see a retard doing retarded things on a stand up - and the cops understand this as well. On the other hand, 99% of the retarded behavior by pwcs on tichigan is committed by sitdowns, so the cops look at the sitdowns far more closely than they look at stand ups. Your ticket was partly the result of you being on a sitdown, and partly because you were riding in a tiny bay breaking the law for 20 minutes and a resident probably called and complained. If you had been on a stand up doing the same thing in that bay, the cops would have probably thought you were me and then came to check and see if you (me) had suffered a head injury and were simply lost


    WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

    Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

    http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

    I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.0