Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Kawasaki x2 race ski build!

Ok so about a year ago I bought some tubbies and a front fill. I finally got a decent hull and started the work today, I have a set of sxi jugs bored to 83mm and I will be rebuilding my whole motor (when my funds are right) but as of now my set up will be a lightened stock flywheel big pin motor, Coffman pipe (until I can find a b pipe ), for now I have dual 42s but I possibly will. Go bigger once the hull is finished, hull mods will be , front fill, Tom 21 tubbies,rear exhaust, pump shaft fill, and I will be glassing in a sxr shoe so I can run the 750 pump. I am hoping to race the ski... ( no I haven't raced yet) butttt I will start after this is done.... I will be posting random picks of what I get done after I work on it, I am aware that there are 1000 other x2 builds out there and a lot are probably better then mine but I figure this will help anyone thinking of doing any of these mods.... My motor set up will probably be added to the closer I get to finishing the ski, I am hoping to run a sxr impeller and pick up a r&d stuffer. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by mcbrizzlesizzle; 09-20-2013 at 01:18 AM.
    750 x2, 550/650 conversion, all stock 89,race x2 project!!!
    And way to many Kawi parts!

GOOD NEWS if it doesn't run it makes great yard art!

Re: Kawasaki x2 race ski build!

I started by finishing stripping the hull and I strapped the front fill down, traced where it will sit and thinned out the hull with a thin disk, I still have more to grind but this is close... I made a couple of relief cuts on the front fill to get it to lay down better.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home garrcass's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is it a 86 or just a 86 hood... those 86 hulls the foot trays will swell if they are left in the sun and get real hot. The foot wells will hump and then the bond rail angles down like the pictures below just something to check and be weary of I think the foam was diffrent in them karty told me that's what happend to this 86 hull I have.
    Last edited by garrcass; 09-20-2013 at 01:30 AM.
    ( Girlfrends are cheap X2,s are expensive )

It's a 86, I know for sure there not as bad as the ones in your pics lol, ill double check but everything looked straight, I and going to thin disk the seems and 5200 it ounces I'm done and that should hopefully help prevent it... Plus it will be living in my garage now !

And I will be re foaming the onside I do rear exhaust in so at least in 30 years it will only have a gnarly lean on one side hahahah

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home garrcass's Avatar
    Blog Entries

cool just wanted to give you a heads up just in case. I did 2 of these front fills back to back and got a bunch of measurements that helped me blast the 2nd out real fast and get it on real square I posted pictures in this thread http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=386386&page=5
    Most of the measurements are from the holes center of the holes for the bumper the apex of the hull bow/side and the marked distance back from a bumper hole.

You have a x2 that runs bring it out and race it I took the 650x2 to jeteffect and had a blast my ankle still swells up like a MOFO but it does not hurt lol!
    ( Girlfrends are cheap X2,s are expensive )

rock on dude, another race ski is all the more welcome
    92 X2 Ultimate watercraft MOD 5X
    96 Sport GP HX 1100
    95 HX Sport Spec 5X
    Sponsored By: JETTRIM, , The Rad Dudes, XScream, Reasonable Restorations, C57 Racing Products, Master Graphics, West side powersports, Ultimate watercraft.

Quote Originally Posted by jrod928 View Post
    rock on dude, another race ski is all the more welcome
    He'll ya!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by garrcass View Post
    cool just wanted to give you a heads up just in case. I did 2 of these front fills back to back and got a bunch of measurements that helped me blast the 2nd out real fast and get it on real square I posted pictures in this thread http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=386386&page=5Most of the measurements are from the holes center of the holes for the bumper the apex of the hull bow/side and the marked distance back from a bumper hole.You have a x2 that runs bring it out and race it I took the 650x2 to jeteffect and had a blast my ankle still swells up like a MOFO but it does not hurt lol!
    Lol ya I got my 750 x2 right now and it's running great butttttt the w/b rubbed a whole in it so I need to fix it, and I jut finished my 550/650 also so I'm trying to learn to be a more aggressive rider on that cause I would like to race it also! But being 6'2" defiantly doesn't make it easy to ride hahaha I'm getting the hang of it tho

where did you rub a whole? waterbox area? Talk to x2jes he's tall as hell, he can give you some pointers for winging that baby around, if you're riding right now, throw up some pics
    92 X2 Ultimate watercraft MOD 5X
    96 Sport GP HX 1100
    95 HX Sport Spec 5X
    Sponsored By: JETTRIM, , The Rad Dudes, XScream, Reasonable Restorations, C57 Racing Products, Master Graphics, West side powersports, Ultimate watercraft.

Ya I've been riding bouys... I picked up a 8 pack of hippidy hops and so did a buddy of mine... I was riding twice a week for a while but went back to work a month ago and haven't had much time to ride, I feel great on my x2 I just need more endurance, I was more of witch saying I struggle with my 650/550 conversion ski jut cause the tray is so narrow, I would like to be set up to race 2014 that's my goal! I've been working out and doing all that fun stuff trying to get back
    into good shape again, x2 Jess is who I bought my front fill from last year at the world finals!!!!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information