Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home spitz15's Avatar

Re: 2016 Superjet for Freestyle

Quote Originally Posted by Chance09 View Post
    Not a bad price for a hull. Is there a recommended stock engine? Do i have to buy new ski just for the engine? I would have to pay someone to put the engine in. That's not a project that I have the time or the skill for.

On another note, how would this ski with that hull be to ride around the lake as more of a freestyle ski? I figure I'd be out cruising around with friends on boats for a bit while they wakeboard ect and I'd still want to be able to ride and have it handle well enough. I don't plan on just dropping it in the water and staying right in the same area all the time.
    If your not willing to wrench on your ski then you should buy a new SJ. Freestyle puts alot of strain on hull and drive line.
    Im addicted...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Quote Originally Posted by spitz15 View Post
    If your not willing to wrench on your ski then you should buy a new SJ. Freestyle puts alot of strain on hull and drive line.
    Very valid point. If a am ski is built solid with a mild engine imo just as reliable.
    Things break nature of the Beast factory or am and RIP type hulls will sink.
    A sj is going to feel like a tank compared to a 550.

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks for the help Driftmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    Sounds like a fx1 might be the one for you. If your under 160lb a stock will work very well and coming off a 550 you should have no problems stepping on one. A stock one wont flip but will roll with ease off a small boat wake.

like I said I'm thinking about going to a rip so I may sell my carbon fx1. I'm thinking around 6500$ rtr.
    ur welcome to come up and ride it all you want.
    I weight about 180 now and am much stronger than I was back when I was out on my 550 everyday. Spent a little but of time on my buddies superjet and am not worried about having a little bigger motor.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by spitz15 View Post
    Not worried about working on a ski some...

I just don't want to take a brand new hull and drop a motor into it. That's a bit beyond my skill/comfort level.

Top Dog
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chance09 View Post
    Not worried about working on a ski some...

I just don't want to take a brand new hull and drop a motor into it. That's a bit beyond my skill/comfort level.
    It is extremely easy and will take you less than a day your first time and less than 90 minutes your second time.
    triceps are the biceps of the back of your arm.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    It is extremely easy and will take you less than a day your first time and less than 90 minutes your second time.
    How about the wiring, throttle, handlebars, ect?

Frequent Poster

I would prefer a well built used Superjet than a weak new Superjet. The parts can be transfered to a AM hull later if desired. Look for a ski built like this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information