Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

2016 Superjet for Freestyle

I've been out of the game for a while, but grew up riding a Kawi 550 sx and rode it pretty hard for about 10 years. Been really wanting to get a new ski but want something that I can have more fun playing with some freestyle tricks...backflip...barrel roll ect. I live down in Austin, TX near lake Travis so I'd be doing a lot of Flatwater riding with the occasion awesome wakeboard boat to launch off their wake.

I guess my question is, if I buy a new 2016 Superjet (mainly because it's easy to find and there is one for sale) what will it be capable of stock? And also what adjustments do I need to make to get it setup for some freestyle tricks. Footholds ect.

I'm trying to decide if I'm better off doing a ton of searching and trying to find a used ski or just buy new. New seems the easier route currently.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home rdrttoy's Avatar

Re: 2016 Superjet for Freestyle

It sounds like you want a freestyle ski.

A Superjet won't flip unless it's in the surf. A roll isn't exactly easy to do either, but it can be done on flatwater.

Top Dog
    Blog Entries

You want an a/m hull. You can pick up a used one, about the price of a new SJ.
    http://x-h2o.com/index.php?forums/wh...-for-sale.146/
    triceps are the biceps of the back of your arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance09 View Post
    I've been out of the game for a while, but grew up riding a Kawi 550 sx and rode it pretty hard for about 10 years. Been really wanting to get a new ski but want something that I can have more fun playing with some freestyle tricks...backflip...barrel roll ect. I live down in Austin, TX near lake Travis so I'd be doing a lot of Flatwater riding with the occasion awesome wakeboard boat to launch off their wake.

I guess my question is, if I buy a new 2016 Superjet (mainly because it's easy to find and there is one for sale) what will it be capable of stock? And also what adjustments do I need to make to get it setup for some freestyle tricks. Footholds ect.

I'm trying to decide if I'm better off doing a ton of searching and trying to find a used ski or just buy new. New seems the easier route currently.
    I'm in the same boat..no pun intended....2016 with money down is under a 100 a month and saves me some pocket cash to upgrade certain aspects of a new ski to get it ready for some freestyle.

Or search and search and search for a ski that is nice enough to ride and get back into things and if it works out great upgrade later...but if it doesnt and my "passion to get back into it" fades I am not out a bunch of money. Problem is they are HARD to find and if you see one that is decent they go SUPER quick or you pay for a worked over ski that might have what your looking for but is USED to the fullest.

SO hard to decided which path to take

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    You want an a/m hull. You can pick up a used one, about the price of a new SJ.
    http://x-h2o.com/index.php?forums/wh...-for-sale.146/
    Sure, but then you'll want that DASA 1000 engine to go in it. $8845
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

Superjet is a freeride ski. Pretty sure no pro freestyle riders ride one.

I have a carbon am hull and a stock bore/stroke engine is more than enough for me.
    I've been riding 25 years. Have big bore stroker but no hurry to put it back in.

If I were in the same boat as you (skiless) I would pick up a new RIP or ROC carbon WDK hull.
    Then drop a stock engine in. A new rip is 4k. Way less the a new Superjet you could have a very nice
    true freestyle ski. Think I'm going to pick up a rip this winter.

Top Dog
    Blog Entries

Watch all of the 800 class videos and that is about the best you can expect to do on a superjet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td9Qtn_gu4U
    triceps are the biceps of the back of your arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    Watch all of the 800 class videos and that is about the best you can expect to do on a superjet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td9Qtn_gu4U
    Those are almost certainly heavily modified engines and pumps. Most of the powertrain is probably aftermarket. About the only restriction seems to be the hull top and lower decks. It would be nice to see what a 100% stock SJ can do for tricks.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    Superjet is a freeride ski. Pretty sure no pro freestyle riders ride one.

I have a carbon am hull and a stock bore/stroke engine is more than enough for me.
    I've been riding 25 years. Have big bore stroker but no hurry to put it back in.

If I were in the same boat as you (skiless) I would pick up a new RIP or ROC carbon WDK hull.
    Then drop a stock engine in. A new rip is 4k. Way less the a new Superjet you could have a very nice
    true freestyle ski. Think I'm going to pick up a rip this winter.
    Not a bad price for a hull. Is there a recommended stock engine? Do i have to buy new ski just for the engine? I would have to pay someone to put the engine in. That's not a project that I have the time or the skill for.

On another note, how would this ski with that hull be to ride around the lake as more of a freestyle ski? I figure I'd be out cruising around with friends on boats for a bit while they wakeboard ect and I'd still want to be able to ride and have it handle well enough. I don't plan on just dropping it in the water and staying right in the same area all the time.

Sounds like a fx1 might be the one for you. If your under 160lb a stock will work very well and coming off a 550 you should have no problems stepping on one. A stock one wont flip but will roll with ease off a small boat wake.

like I said I'm thinking about going to a rip so I may sell my carbon fx1. I'm thinking around 6500$ rtr.
    ur welcome to come up and ride it all you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information