Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Blog Entries

Continued discussion of closed thread

Check out the PWCToday.com thread for why - we're done with the attitude that we cannot limit, control, or enforce safety standards for the ride. OMG... such babies here.

Here is the site for our trip: https://trawlercat.com/2016/07/11/ca...port-06102016/

Quote Originally Posted by sandi_r_k View Post
    My point is that I am personally out if it's too big. And I have not been posting about this other than to announce dates here and on the page on FB. No greenhulk, no meetup.com, no post-churning, and certainly no effort to get a group of 50+ skis, which seems to be what wcwc is aiming for. The attendance has been pretty steady for the past few years, and it *has* moved primarily to texts and emails. But the wcwc is trying to expand it beyond its equilibrium of the past 3 years.

What I want is for wcwc to take their newbies and their macho hotdogs and ride somewhere else. The Freedom Ride was explicitly started as a ride to show respectful, safe, family-friendly riding to the larger community. It was not for Iron Manning, for confrontations with water cops, and it certainly was not for any crew who disrespected the boating laws and sane safety procedures. Clearly the wcwc is not invested in safety, experienced riders looking out for newbies, or for family-friendly riding. Just read their most recent posts about riders running into Delta bridges (thereby possibly totalling a new ski) or about the inexperienced riders left in the open SF Bay, who had to make their way back to the launch using a smartphone and a lot of prayers.

I will not be welcoming them to this ride. So if they happen to be here riding, they should have their own leads, their own routes, and their own plans. If they don't, I'm more than happy calling it a camping weekend, and riding some other weekend.
    Where did Sandi announce the Freedom Ride dates? She posted them on SoCal and PWC Today... Right?

Sandi, I want to reiterate what you have wrongly explained above. The story written was explaining a highly intended and exaggerated event to get the public's interest and it worked it got your attention. First of all the person who hit the bridge... didn't actually hurt the ski except for minor scuffs on the trim. Apparently a wake forced the ski into the bridge. There are no signs of damage to the ski nor was he hurt. Since you have made these accusations in your post above I would like to see the evidence you are claiming. He was not reckless as stated by you and you weren't there to witness the events you are harping on.

Now for the second incident, the member who wished to return to Orwood, 10 miles from Sacramento, decided to turn around and told me he new where he was going. I offered to take him back and he insisted and promised he knew the way back to Orwood. Sandi... do you know the facts? NO!!! But you continue to batter me, my members and my clubs.

I do want to bring up an incident I witnessed at your event a few years ago. I am not going to mention any names but I want to be clear about the incident. Sandi is directing a group from Orwood to Stockton with the assistance of a few others. A member of the NorCal group had brought some friends to ride the Delta. Sandi had an issue that they were going to slow. Sandi got angry and took off leaving them unattended. Now Sandi... how should we classify this incident? There were 5 witnesses, but no one spoke up until today when they read your posts.

What are you trying to achieve? We are not macho hotdogs, we are adventurists and every ride plan is thoroughly discussed before we head out. Any member that misbehaves on and off the water is disciplined and or removed from the club. I take SAFETY seriously, you have NO IDEA about me and my groups. I have learned a lot since I vacated SoCal... and gladly it was a blessing. I am a quick learner and a successful businessman. WCWCC is a family orientated club that offers 40 - 50 rides a year... quite a bit more than your twice a year trips. Most of our trips consists between 15 - 45 riders on a trip, quite larger than your ride events. I have hand picked members who have assisted us for the larger ride events and we are very professional about how it is achieved. The WCWCC has over 200 current and active members with 6 other sister clubs throughout the USA totaling over 1200 members combined. LEADERSHIP!!!

My intentions was not to saturate the Freedom event with WCWCC riders. At this moment there is only 6 WCWCC members attending and 34 of combined NorCal and Socal members...

Now that I have cleared up the FACTS for you we should be clear of anymore wrongful accusatory statements by you.

And last but least which really has nothing to do with this page... Sandi and her gang starts a Powersports club and quietly goes through my Facebook and plucks my members to become part of there club... You think they didn't mention it to me? Sandi has 130 people on her site that has nothing to do with anything. They were placed there to look like they have a successful club, but in reality it's still the same old 5 members. You have the wrong leadership and you should just give up!!!

Re: Since Sandi closed the thread I was happy to have saved it

Lewis, all I can say is that the liability concerns with NorCal racers, SoCal people and WCWC members is more than I want to deal with, especially considering the potential for accidents for a large group. It's why we've broken into two groups in recent years. Cheryl and Carlos were the "go fast" group leaders, and as far as I know, neither is attending this year.

Regarding you saying that I got mad at people going too slow at a former Freedom Ride, that is inaccurate, and Hector knows it - he told Dave that his friends were afraid to ride fast enough to get on plane, and so they CHOSE to return to Orwood. Hector agreed to lead them, or someone else would have.

I did not ask for the thread to be locked. I did ask that it be unstickied - FYI, I am not a mod on this board.

I have not plucked anyone for any group - I have publicly posted on a small, obscure old-fashioned BBd/website forum, and that has resulted in attendance at group rides, including the FR, being steady state for years. Your claim that WCWCC offers 40-50 rides per year includes rides that you have nothing to do with, including organizing, reserving, planning, or riding safety/lead/sweep roles on. The Freedom Ride is one of them.

I did not start the SoCal Powersports group. I was never an elected officer of the NorCal group. I was merely someone who did the work, because I prized the relationships and rides.

No more.
    2007 Honda F-12 (blue!) & 2004 Kawi STX 15F
    NorCal Jetski Crew
    AWA member since 2003

Blog Entries

Re: Continued discussion of closed thread

Ok I am clear now. Now that you have clearly acknowledged the concerns as your crew is not attending makes sense now. So instead of making false accusations towards my club let's try to figure out how we can assist you for this event. Let's say we start over and try to work in tandem to make this a pleasurable experience. My crew is willing to do so. I want to help you expand your Powersports network it could be a good for all.

West Coast a Watercraft Club in Socal

Thread Information