Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bog

Re: Bog

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyX2 View Post
    I wouldn't waste money on a rebuild kit to chase a low speed bog. The FIRST thing you need to do is see what your jetting is.

You need to know what size needle seat, what spring, and the high and low speed jet sizes. It could be as simple as pop off is slightly off or an adjustment of the low speed circuit. Open her up, get the info and report back.
    If I open up the carb won't I damage a gasket if it hasn't been opened in a long time ? I just wanted to have a kit on hand so I can reassemble carb right away. I'm not familiar with this carb . My other two 440s have the round body carbs. I'm at my house in so cal now and the ski is at my river house in Arizona . I guess I'll mess with it when I'm out there in a couple weeks. The only time the bog really bugs me is when I'm taking off from shore it takes a few seconds to get cleared out which means I'm dragging behind the ski for a bit before I can stand up.
    Thanks for the info and I'll report back in a couple weeks .
    Last edited by 440 Nut; 07-05-2016 at 11:59 PM.

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

No gaskets in the jet side that will be damaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

Well I finally got around to pulling the carb and putting a rebuild kit in. Bog is gone. Now the only problem is it's a little tricky to start. Unless I give it just a touch of throttle it won't start. Any more than a touch and it floods. I'm still playing with the low speed mixture screw but it's not there . My other 440 fires right up without touching the throttle . Any ideas?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home freekstyle's Avatar

Did you change the inlet size or spring?

No I just cleaned it and put a rebuild kit. It came with four different springs and wasn't sure which direction to go so I left it. The large jet looked like it said 100 on it and I couldn't read what the small jet was. It looked awful
    Big though .The hole looked almost as big as the secondary jet which surprised me..I think the carb is a 44 since the flame arrest says 44 on it. It rips out of the hole now but just has a certain way to start it . My kid got stuck yesterday because he flooded it. I had to show him the starting procedure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information