Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JR IN JAX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Attempting to solve Code 25.

Except for the bumps inside of it, it looks like a standard bar resistor which could be expected to be in that circuit.
    Honda Pilot NAVI
    F150 4x4
    3 '06 F12Xs
    CR250
    2 CR80s
    1 XR100
    2 PW50s
    1 Vento Phantom 150
    1 Honda SHI 150
    '98 Allison Grandsport/Merc 2.5 SS
    Jax. Fl.

"Confidence is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation"

"The automated aircraft of the future will have a crew of two; a pilot and a dog".
    The pilot is tasked with feeding the dog. The dog is to bite the pilot if he touches the controls.

"Any ship can be a minesweeper,,, once".

Resident Guru

Looks to me that it is an analog filter network along with maybe some signal conditioning or analog/digital conversion encased in the ceramic. If that is the case and the fault is inside that ceramic module, then there is no hope in fixing or repairing these ECU's.

PWCToday Newbie

I'm new here. Lurking and reading all I can on these Honda skis. I recently bought an '05 F12X that does not have this problem (yet), and am very interested in the final outcome. I have an extra ECU given to me by a friend.....it had a Code 25.....and am completely game for de-potting and fixing stuff to keep for when mine does fail.

Was the voltage regulator the root cause of the problem? Or was it that "ceramic thing"?

Thanks,
    Kevin

The problem is corrosion. The potting fails and cracks. WaTer seeps in and corrodes. The knock sensor is a piezo microphone and the ecm expects a certain amplitude signal for a given rpm. This problem is near impossible to fix. My advice is to get a new ecm vs swimming against the current back to the dock.

Sometimes the problem is the knock sensor. I would replace that first as they are cheaper. If you can swap in a good ecm to test that is a good way to check the ecm. The knock sensor is a bit harder to get to.
    MACSBOOST!!! The Honda PWC Performance Experts. www.MacsBOOST.com
    Home of the MACSBOOST Module and the Fastest Honda PWC on the planet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqufmQ_8bxU
    Be our friend on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MACSBO...e/233077830901

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information