Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Jettribe "Best of the West" Rounds 5 & 6 Lake Perris Open Entry List

Thanks Norm it just make me sad where this thing is going again two years ago we had full lines at regional races basically the premier classes now just splitting the classes we have 3 racer on sport spec and 3 on GP not good for the sport and for sure not good for spectators....
    I try and Ross is my witness to bring more new people in to this sport we love and it is expensive, time consuming and you need commitment but they see races with 3 races only and is discouraging and they thing the sport is dying. I talked to Sean, Alex Jeff and we all are in favor and committed to the sport spec open class. and if anybody thinks the rules favor the HX hull let's review them and adjust them accordingly. I started racing sport spec because the growth of the class in such little time and see where it is now.
    Thanks again for the for the encouraging words I feel the same about you.

Re: Blaster Open Vs. Sport GP

Why is this about hx's and blasters. Nobody said anything about the X2's getting there own class, they are sport boat classified.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Scottie Mac's Avatar

The real issue here is that it is next to impossible to make open spec fair. A couple of perfect examples are Tyler Hill and Richard Taylor. Tyler finishes top two in GP on an open spec HX. Richard was second at the UWP WFs on a tired 951 stock bore HX. That is against full on near 30 grand carbon blasters. When we had the one race at WFs with open spec, Tony ran away on a 785 hx against mulit time champ Bonacci on my open spec blaster, the one we used to make the rules. The only way it would have been a close race would have been if Tommy was on a mod hull, and that is a huge increase in the amount of money it takes to build an open spec Blaster. Weekend warriors won't build GP skis, especially blasters. And, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, it takes a GP blaster to be competitive with a mod or open spec HX.

Blasters and HXs are SOOOOO different that it just is next to impossible to get a fair set up for everyone. BOTH skis take skill to ride, but one is WAY more difficult to make competitive than the other. Not SDs fault, they designed a better race ski, period. But, because of this, coupled with the fact that the HX isn't anywhere near as popular as the Blaster, and you end up in the situation you have now. The HX will never be able to pull numbers enough to have their own class. That's not me throwing shade at the HX, that is just a fact. Blasters can, and do, pull numbers by themselves. And, even if they don't want to admit it, there are a lot of blaster riders who simply refuse to race the HXs. It is what it is.

If the class (blaster open spec) can draw enough entries to have their own race, then they should be allowed to do so. It's not their fault that the ski you choose isn't popular enough to fill lines. Having more blasters show up to the races can only help your cause for sport open spec, simply because some racers will want to race more than one class. Pulling a few of them is better than pulling nothing from riders who wouldn't show up otherwise. And, as mentioned earlier, this isn't a qualifier class, it is a local, regional class made up of riders who have no desire to go to WFs.

I can't help but say, I saw this coming. I begged and pleaded with the leadership of the IJSBA to not go GP, that some sort of Open Spec had a much better chance to sustaining numbers. But, in the end, I was overruled and we are where we are at now.

Scottie
    Those who have done the least in the sport are always the ones with the most to say.

Best career accomplishment: Fatherhood

Proud Member of TEAM TFP!

Support those who support the sport!!!
    JAM Racing
    Judge Motorsports
    www.hotproductsusa.com
    www.optimaracing.com
    www.nynjapwc.com
    Judge Motorsports
    www.raddudesfi.com
    ProWatercraftracing.com
    www.ipdjetskigraphics.com
    ADA Racing
    Monster Motorsports
    A&R Performance

Mmm........ a pizza sounds good right about now!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home tshank123's Avatar

Just a few things I would like to add to this conversation.

This definitely has nothing to do with World Finals. Even though we knew what would happen if it went GP, and we told Scott over and over that it would happen, and we proved over and over that Sport Open Spec would be successful, the decision was made, and it was final. If anybody has any pipe dreams of seeing sport open spec at finals, just forget about it, wont ever happen.

Part of what's going on here is that our local promoter (Ross) is willing to run any race that you can get people to line up for (usually 5 or more). This isnt a bad thing, unless you're in the minority (HX). Several years back the X2 racers decided they wanted to run their own classes, they got racers on the line, they got their own classes. Sport spec was doing great in our region, however the lines were so full that we started seeing a lot of carnage on the track. I believe this is when Blaster Spec came about. Several people wanted to get away from the crowded lines in sport spec, and honestly they didn't like racing against the HXs because of a perceived advantage. Its sad, but this has lead to more classes with smaller lines.
    FN Wealth Management - http://www.fnwealth.net/
    High Speed Industries - TBA
    RIVA Motorsports - http://rivaracing.com/
    Competitive Crankshafts - http://competitivecrankshafts.com/

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie Mac View Post
    and we are where we are at now.

Scottie
    killing the sport just like they did in the 90's

How many times can you beat that dead horse & expect people to keep coming back to watch ??

They also said sport spec wouldnt work

Well when the kid that took second in blaster spec took last in sport spec at round 1&2, it's more than likely blaster owners take that as a perceived HX advantage.

Ross's courses are also so tight that lap 2 is riding in a washing machine, which doesn't fare well for flat bottomed blasters either.
    1994 1100 SJ - Dead
    1996 spec hx
    "I'm going to be installing the hooker on my driveshaft in the next two weeks." -Element3488

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pro sport View Post
    Why is this about hx's and blasters. Nobody said anything about the X2's getting there own class, they are sport boat classified.
    Dont be a hater on a more serious note after racing in the Sport Spec on an X2 and twice being hit by an HX, I decided, as did the handful of others that tried it, that it probably wasn't a good idea to be racing against the skis with bondrails that are even with your knees on the X2. We are racing for plastic trophies and bragging rights and fun...

On a side note the funnest class I have run in a while is the stock X2 class, we were laughing so hard, you keep the thing pinned and never let off, all the skis are about the same speed and it is the least expensive class there is. A cheap stock X2, 3-400 bucks in mods and you are ready to race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

At least you guys have local races, and classes, and the opportunity to b!tch about it!

That's a good thing.
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyX2 View Post
    Dont be a hater on a more serious note after racing in the Sport Spec on an X2 and twice being hit by an HX, I decided, as did the handful of others that tried it, that it probably wasn't a good idea to be racing against the skis with bondrails that are even with your knees on the X2. .
    I would be so sketched out racing the 800's with the same class as NA1000, you're talking more than double the weight, just scary.
    1994 1100 SJ - Dead
    1996 spec hx
    "I'm going to be installing the hooker on my driveshaft in the next two weeks." -Element3488

Quote Originally Posted by 88kawi5fiddy View Post
    I would be so sketched out racing the 800's with the same class as NA1000, you're talking more than double the weight, just scary.
    That's what happened in parker. I've been telling them for seasons now....don't mix runabout 800 limited with runabout stock....the four strokes are way to big compared to a small x4 800. I was the one on the x4 the collided with Mike habel on the fourstroke, honestly if the four stoke hit me on the x4 I probably would be dead.
    Thanks to my 2012 Sponsors:
    Hydroturf * Wiseco * Boyesen *ODI*Riva Racing*Dasa Racing*Skat-Trak

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information