Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Blaster Open Vs. Sport GP

At world finals, sport gp is seadoos and blasters. Both have shown they are competive. I am concerned that we are adding all of these sport classes that are not at available at WF and it is causing low numbers in some classes like sport gp and sport spec. I've seen blasters win sport spec. My observation at Parker was that there was only was only 3-4 hxs and one blaster in sport spec And only 3 in sport gp. I understand the blasters enjoy having their own class. Now blasters have there own open class which discrimates against other sport riders who do not own a blaster. But the blaster open class is currently not a WF class and I feel it is hurting the sport gp class. Prior to the blaster spec and blaster open, we had full lines. Numbers on the line have been a concern and it has been brought up that classes may be dropped if there are not enough numbers. It seems to me that we are trying to rid racing of some of the sport classes. A spec hx is more affordable to build for someone who wants to get into racing. Just our perspective from someone has no desire to cross over to a blaster. We own several HXs and that is what our preference is.

Jeff and Renee Hill

Re: Jettribe "Best of the West" Rounds 5 & 6 Lake Perris Open Entry List

Well said ^^^ also be aware that not racing Sport Spec or Sport GP and racing blaster only classes will not earn you a spot at world finals as per IJSBA rules you are to compete in at least 2 events prior to world finals on the classes you want to participate at WF.
    T. Martinez
    Last edited by HXLOCO; 05-27-2016 at 02:52 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Yamabooeey's Avatar

The people with Sport Open Blasters will not compete in the Sport Gp at WF. That's like bringing a knife to a gun fight. As for the low turnouts at Ross's Sport Gp, again, pump gas Sport Open skis vs. pumped up race fuel skis. Going to Sport Gp was unattractive to regular Joes.

I think the Sport Open class should involve with all sport skis with a set of rules like Sport Spec to even the playing field. Not fun when you have no chance.

The Blaster only class - (Blaster Spec) I think these guys/gals just want to race locally and have fun. They don't really care about racing at the WF. Not everyone wants to race at the WF.
    Last edited by Yamabooeey; 05-27-2016 at 03:16 AM.
    Thanks to

Optima Racing
    C57 Racing Products
    NorCal Watersports
    Newmiller Machines
    Boyko Racing
    Fly Racing
    Jettribe
    Impros
    Jettrim
    Traci Cottle Photography
    Greg Barnhart Photography
    Rhaas Products
    Rad Dudes
    DJSA Racing
    Serano Tile/Stone

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Runabout Girl View Post
    At world finals, sport gp is seadoos and blasters. Both have shown they are competive. I am concerned that we are adding all of these sport classes that are not at available at WF and it is causing low numbers in some classes like sport gp and sport spec. I've seen blasters win sport spec. My observation at Parker was that there was only was only 3-4 hxs and one blaster in sport spec And only 3 in sport gp. I understand the blasters enjoy having their own class. Now blasters have there own open class which discrimates against other sport riders who do not own a blaster. But the blaster open class is currently not a WF class and I feel it is hurting the sport gp class. Prior to the blaster spec and blaster open, we had full lines. Numbers on the line have been a concern and it has been brought up that classes may be dropped if there are not enough numbers. It seems to me that we are trying to rid racing of some of the sport classes. A spec hx is more affordable to build for someone who wants to get into racing. Just our perspective from someone has no desire to cross over to a blaster. We own several HXs and that is what our preference is.

Jeff and Renee Hill
    I agree and it is very disappointing that the Blaster was singled out and given its own class now 2 classes? And yes it hurt the sport spec class in region 1. I am aware of the reason this happened in Region 1 only and lets just say politics ruled on this one.
    Last edited by Marilyn; 05-27-2016 at 03:31 AM.

Norm we will try to get sport spec open back at the world finials much more affordable but leave it open to seadoo,yamaha, polaris , kawasaki spec open rules Thank you .

Can somebody move this post to sport spec & open section please.

Norm: Tyler Hill has finished 2 times in a row in second place at world finals with a sport spec open legal boat I finished 5th with a 720 SS at 2014 WF if you have a knife learn how to use it. I am all in for a sport spec open class he way we use to have it nobody liked the idea of sport GP but bullet and others that saw an opportunity to sell some hulls and where are they now?. We HX guys gave you guys blaster more than a fair advantage on all the mods you can do to sport spec blaster without complain, there has not been a WF champion sport spec hx for the last three years and we are not complaining that the rules favor blasters even thou I think they do.

Norm: Tyler Hill has finished 2 times in a row in second place at world finals with a sport spec open legal boat I finished 5th with a 720 SS at 2014 WF . I am all in for a sport spec open class the way it use to be nobody liked the idea of sport GP but bullet and others that saw an opportunity to sell some hulls and where are they now?. We HX guys gave you guys blaster more than a fair advantage on all the mods you can do to sport spec blaster without complain, there has not been a WF champion sport spec hx for the last three years and we are not complaining that the rules favor blasters even thou I think they do.
    Last edited by HXLOCO; 05-27-2016 at 12:29 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Yamabooeey's Avatar

Tony, yes you guys haven't complained about the sport spec rules. I honestly think the rules are very fair. The WF course is favored for the HX, but you have mad talent like the Bomber and Sam Nehme on Blasters.

Today's sport gp class is alot faster than 2-3 years ago. Back then everyone was pretty much on sport open spec.

Btw Tony, I always admire you're professionalism and always a gentleman and a great competitor.
    Thanks to

Optima Racing
    C57 Racing Products
    NorCal Watersports
    Newmiller Machines
    Boyko Racing
    Fly Racing
    Jettribe
    Impros
    Jettrim
    Traci Cottle Photography
    Greg Barnhart Photography