Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Wolfeboro Ride

PWCToday Newbie

Wolfeboro Ride

Got my first ski (JS300) last year, perfect for Half Moon Lake where we visit family and stay for a week every summer. We live in PA.

This year I want to take it out on Winnipesaukee for a few hours, from my research thinking of launching in Wolfeboro at the Back Bay ramp mainly because it seems there will be easy trailer parking (wife and kids will shop while I ride).

Are any of those little islands I see on the map cool to ride up to and rest/stretch out, or should I avoid them? Any other tips for a first-time rider in that area?

Edit: After looking at Satellite view, seems like all those islands may be private property...
    Last edited by HotDogger; 05-21-2016 at 10:10 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home jdpilot's Avatar

Re: Wolfeboro Ride

Quote Originally Posted by HotDogger View Post
    Got my first ski (JS300) last year, perfect for Half Moon Lake where we visit family and stay for a week every summer. We live in PA.

This year I want to take it out on Winnipesaukee for a few hours, from my research thinking of launching in Wolfeboro at the Back Bay ramp mainly because it seems there will be easy trailer parking (wife and kids will shop while I ride).

Are any of those little islands I see on the map cool to ride up to and rest/stretch out, or should I avoid them? Any other tips for a first-time rider in that area?

Edit: After looking at Satellite view, seems like all those islands may be private property...
    Never ridden Wolfeboro. Alton bay has an awesome FREE new ramp with ample parking. I'll pm you

Prospect Mountain Powersports
    Altitude; 653
    Limited 87 650SX- 43.6
    Limited 93 X2- 45.1
    Limited 87 hull/86 internals X2- 43.7
    Stock 92 WR3- 37.0
    Stock 93 WR3 w/Shuttlecraft JetSport- Party Barge
    2009 superjet- stock 1 owner
    1985 js550- stock 1 owner time capsule
    1985 js440 super stock- Expert Womens Class
    1988 WetJet 432- Immaculate 1 owner time capsule
    1992 js440- stock 1 owner time capsule
    1985 js440 pro mod

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jdpilot View Post
    Never ridden Wolfeboro. Alton bay has an awesome FREE new ramp with ample parking. I'll pm you
    Yeah Alton is a little closer to us, but it seems like trailer parking might be a be a pain. My wife, kid, and baby are dropping me off and hanging while I ride, and I remember all these NO TRAILERS signs near the Shibley's on the Pier area. So if they have to walk .5 mile down the freeway to get back to a place they can hang that won't work out. Are you saying they've got additional trailer parking now with a new ramp?

BTW I tried sending you a PM but it doesn't show in my sent box, let me know if you got that.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home jdpilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HotDogger View Post
    Yeah Alton is a little closer to us, but it seems like trailer parking might be a be a pain. My wife, kid, and baby are dropping me off and hanging while I ride, and I remember all these NO TRAILERS signs near the Shibley's on the Pier area. So if they have to walk .5 mile down the freeway to get back to a place they can hang that won't work out. Are you saying they've got additional trailer parking now with a new ramp?

BTW I tried sending you a PM but it doesn't show in my sent box, let me know if you got that.
    Fish and game bought the old marina next to the town beach on the other side of the bay from Shibley. Massive parking lot now. It's nice. It's the old downing landing;
    Last edited by jdpilot; 05-22-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Prospect Mountain Powersports
    Altitude; 653
    Limited 87 650SX- 43.6
    Limited 93 X2- 45.1
    Limited 87 hull/86 internals X2- 43.7
    Stock 92 WR3- 37.0
    Stock 93 WR3 w/Shuttlecraft JetSport- Party Barge
    2009 superjet- stock 1 owner
    1985 js550- stock 1 owner time capsule
    1985 js440 super stock- Expert Womens Class
    1988 WetJet 432- Immaculate 1 owner time capsule
    1992 js440- stock 1 owner time capsule
    1985 js440 pro mod

most of the small islands in that area are privately owned, I know the family that owns Parker Island right off Wolfeboro neck. my parents have a house on cow island which is my base for when I am riding on winni but I usually stick to the northern part of lake
    82 js 550
    88 x2 650
    97 1100 stx

96 Chevy k1500 ECSB
    94 Camaro z28 m6
    84 ATC110
    <a href=http://www.pwctoday.com/profile.php?do=editsignature#sigpic target=_blank>
[SIGPIC]

Thread Information