Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Ski Trailer

PWCToday Newbie

Ski Trailer

Anyone heard anything about this trailer? Looks like it would work well! Thought I'd see if there was any info out there before I decide to buy it or not. Thanks guys.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...2542_200612542

Re: Ski Trailer

I haven't seen one in person, but Northern Tool is just one step above Harbor Freight, and maybe not even that, so I don't know if I would want to trust it... skis are expensive! And $490 + $120 shipping makes it a $600 trailer and you still have to assemble it yourself. Its powder coated, so I don't even think its galvanized. Unless its a good quality powder coat, thats a gamble as to how long it will last, and the overall quality is still a toss up.

Having just been trailer shopping, I would not consider $600 to be a bargain, especially for a single place trailer. You can find them all day long for $7-800 new, assembled, warrantied, from a reputable manufacturer. My dealer sells Continental aluminum single place trailers for $725, galvanized for $525. And used single ski trailers are all over the place for $400-500 in like new condition. Maybe the market in MN is very different but I would shop around local trailer dealers and get one that way.
    1995 Seadoo HX - newly resto-modded to look like a 1997

PWCToday Newbie

That's what I figured I'd hear! Thanks for the help. I'm assuming a standard jetski trailer can be easily narrowed up to suit a stand up?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Marks View Post
    I'm assuming a standard jetski trailer can be easily narrowed up to suit a stand up?
    Yes they can. That Northern Tool trailer has bunks that are obviously adjustable in terms of spacing. The bunk angle is also adjustable.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

all the ones I have seen have bunks that can be adjusted as close as you need. The more important concern will be length, as standups are quite a bit shorter than sit-downs, and lower in the nose too. So you need to make sure the trailer bow stop can be adjusted close enough and low enough to hold the ski. They are all adjustable, but worse case scenario you have to buy one that fits right, so add that expense in. I am spending another $200 on my brand new trailer to get the bunks and bow stops adjusted where I need them to be for my extra narrow skis.
    1995 Seadoo HX - newly resto-modded to look like a 1997

Looks like its all bolted together?
    2004 Rxp Stock Motor with other light mods
    1996 Xp Resurrected july 2014/SOLD 2016
    1991 Kawi 750cc Big pin Twin Carb Sport Cruiser Custom (Resurrected Feb 2015 completed June 2015)
    2000 XP Saved Spring 2016- Resurrected July 2016 as new
    2002 Seadoo ISLANDIA/Sold
    CANDoo Pro system

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Marks View Post
    That's what I figured I'd hear! Thanks for the help. I'm assuming a standard jetski trailer can be easily narrowed up to suit a stand up?
    yes they can be adjusted easily and according to your requirements.
    Last edited by bodyjohn; 11-16-2018 at 06:19 AM.

Dear Friends,
    in our latest post, we've collected 50 different PWC trailers, you may be interested.
    In addition, you can find curb and net weight specs of all new PWCs here in one chart.
    We hope you will find it useful!
    https://www.jetdrift.com/ - everything dedicated to jet skis
    https://www.jetdrift.com/jet-ski-prices/ - actual models & prices
    https://www.jetdrift.com/models/ - compare the models side by side

Thread Information