User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Tigershark daytona 1000 score! But problems...

If there was any moisture in the pump, bearings are a must. And as for the surging I would rebuild the fuel pump to be safe. make sure the carbs are adjusted and make sure the butterflys all close and open very close to the same.
    99 Tsr 770: gps 59.3, kawi 1100 limited motor, dried out stock pipe, mikuni 44s, Ada head 145psi, 148 mm pump.
    94 barracuda custom: 770 limited motor, 2* static advance, vforce delta reeds, milled head 165psi, molded pump inlet grafted on with 146 mm pump.

Carbs gone through multiple times this year, I double checked the synchronization of the carbs, only thing left is the fuel pump. I'll rebuild that next and see what happens.
    Own:
    99' TSR 770
    97' Daytona 1000
    96' MonteCarlo 900 (PITA...)
    Owned:
    94' Montego (my first) sold
    95' Daytona sold
    95' Daytona parted out
    95' Barracuda sold
    96' Montego sold
    96' Daytona (the one that got away...) sold

My ts1000r is slow out of the hole aswell, but really comes alive at 3500-4000 guess that's a tigershark thing hah.

well, after winterizing the 1000 and giving the entire ski an annual inspection, discovered three rather surprising set backs. first, my brand new oem drive shaft has two huge canals worn in it from the floating bearing. shaft has maybe 75 hours on it, all this past season. next the two lower mounting tabs on the stator nozzle are broke, one is snapped completely off and the other is cracked almost completely through, and lastly my impeller looks like a banana peel on two of the three blades and the third one has a chunk out of it. then perhaps the most shocking to me, my intake grate is snapped completely in half, both vanes bent one missing a small chunk. wear ring is still fine, rest of the drive system is still fine. I guess this explains the lack of mid range power and scratching noises at 3/4 throttle. also explains why my ski takes on a little water even after greasing the floating bearing. plans are yet another new driveshaft, new floating bearing, new stator, solas super camber prop, pump rebuild, figure out why my new driveshaft got wrecked, figure out what to do with my crankcase, carb kits in all three carbs, fuel pump rebuild kit, and then potentially upgrades... next season should be fun!
    Last edited by Associated98; 11-08-2016 at 02:29 PM.
    Own:
    99' TSR 770
    97' Daytona 1000
    Owned:
    95' Daytona sold
    95' Daytona parted out
    95' Barracuda sold
    96' Montego sold

Keep at it! You will eventually get it figured out. There aren't many of these beasts left and your ski is way too clean to part out in my opinion. I just picked up a 97 Daytona 1000 that is pretty rough that I was told only needs a bendix. The previous owner started to try and replace the bendix with the engine still in the hull but gave up. The jetski was free so i'm not out anything but hopefully I can save this old girl.

FYI: I think the low speed bog is pretty common with Daytona 1000's. I remember in one of my old PWI magazines they were talking about the low speed bog during a muscle craft shootout.
    Last edited by Dan87951; 03-13-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    06' Karavan Double Trailer
    98' Sea Doo SPX Mint Condition
    96' Sea Doo HX Mint
    95' XP 800 Limited Mint
    99' XPL project (Rescue)

Oh please believe my daytona will not be going anywhere. I cherish this ski. Its now just a never ending quest for perfection which it will never be to me. Always needs tinkering of some sort...
    Own:
    99' TSR 770
    97' Daytona 1000
    Owned:
    95' Daytona sold
    95' Daytona parted out
    95' Barracuda sold
    96' Montego sold

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234