Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Question Lake Mead 2 Stroke Citation

I just purchased a 1995 SeaDoo GTX that has been garage kept its whole life and in really good condition. I got it for dirt cheap ($800 with trailer). I travel to Parker, AZ frequently and I knew of the 2 stroke ban before I got it, but I've read through the forums and have yet to see anyone say they got a ticket yet. But then again the date on their post was back in 2013 and 14. If it is true that the park rangers will just tell you to leave or give you a warning the first time then I might take my ski out there early one morning. Not at any marina but on a dirt road that leads to the lake that I've been to at least 50 times, and I've never seen any rangers. Also I would only keep it in that part of the Lake and not take it all around. This new law is really arbitrary and it amazes me that 2-stroke boats are still allowed, which is why I feel no remorse bringing my 2-stroke jet ski. Also would buying "Low emission" or "direct injection" stickers help or would it look stupid on my ski? Because I can spot a 2-stoke ski from a mile away. I know there is already a few threads like this but it is 2016 and I have not seen any updates on rangers implementing the law. Thank you

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home tshank123's Avatar

Re: Lake Mead 2 Stroke Citation

I'm sure you wont have a problem. You can probably even launch at the ramp without issue since you're on a sit down. They barely enforce the law at all, especially if you're on a sit down where its questionable whether its a direct injection or 4 stroke etc. Just do us all a favor and keep it on the down low. If too many people start bringing their 2 strokes because they know it isn't really enforced, things might change.
    FN Wealth Management - http://www.fnwealth.net/
    High Speed Industries - TBA
    RIVA Motorsports - http://rivaracing.com/
    Competitive Crankshafts - http://competitivecrankshafts.com/

PWCToday Newbie

Thats what my buddy was telling me. I'm not going to be stupid. Only marina I would take it to would be temple bar and I would tow it with the cover on until Im ready to launch. Thanks for the reply

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hyosung's Avatar

just run the gauntlet , if you get questioned just denie knowledge ( i didnt know it was a 2 stroke) of what engine is in your ski , i believe there is smokeless oil you can buy which may take there eyes off you if your ski smokes a bit on start up etc ,
    2 x 650 sx custom build (my toys) http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=425767

modded X2 650

stock looking ZXI 900 ""being cannibalized to sponsor a 650 sx build """

Jerry Rigging is my specialty .....

Originally Posted by hyosung
    so when you say i """ hammer and slap things together """ this may be so , BUT they are hammered and slapped together SOLID

You can't really run with cover on all the way to the water because the entry folks want to see that Lk Mead decal. I continue to see 2-stroke skis on the Lake and the river. Rangers were only looking for poor operation over Memorial Day at Willow Beach. Ride Smart from the start.

Thread Information