Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Frequent Poster

Re: The 750ss build.

Hey! Hows it going? I was wondering if you were still on here
    96 750ss- Custom paint, 750bp bottom end, 800sxr top end, ada girtle head, Blackjack i40 carbs/ported intake, VF3 reeds, tau ceti flame arrestors, tbm charging flywheel, advent, coffman rocket pipe, jd scoop grate, jd ride plate, modified steering,
    JW porting work. With lots more bs mods.

97 xp- parting out/open to trades

93 750ss- hull

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home seadoobutch787's Avatar

Motoxguy95. I bought that hull in Grandville Michigan back in 2008 from Personal Watercraft Repair.
    1997 Seadoo SPX---limited mod
    1996 Seadoo GSX--Cruiser
    1995 Kawasaki 550/750sx---Conversion ski
    http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...750+conversion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucxd...TcG7qp45xTX9xV

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home seadoobutch787's Avatar

Kawi fleet green is one of my favorite colors to paint!
    1997 Seadoo SPX---limited mod
    1996 Seadoo GSX--Cruiser
    1995 Kawasaki 550/750sx---Conversion ski
    http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...750+conversion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucxd...TcG7qp45xTX9xV

Frequent Poster

Definitely a good color!
    96 750ss- Custom paint, 750bp bottom end, 800sxr top end, ada girtle head, Blackjack i40 carbs/ported intake, VF3 reeds, tau ceti flame arrestors, tbm charging flywheel, advent, coffman rocket pipe, jd scoop grate, jd ride plate, modified steering,

93 750ss- hull

Frequent Poster

This was just screwing around with a razor for a few min. Paint pretty much falls off.. just like my 93. Its even shiney under it! Not positive on the factory painting process with SMC but its nothing like polyester fiberglass that has gelcoat chemically bonded to it. Looks to me like the paint was just sprayed over it with out sanding. Even found a run in the pump housing area!

Little bit of sanding to see what it would do. Paint really didnt want to stick. Decided it all had to come off.. stopped and moved on to the bottom
    Last edited by Alxsmt; 04-08-2016 at 10:04 PM.

93 750ss- hull

Frequent Poster

I can only add one pic at a time from my phone.. ill be editing and adding more so its not one pic per post..

I wanted to get the bottom done first. In my apt garage due to crap weather. Only option was to roll it on. Wanted a little bit of a texture too. Its claimed to be faster. The once thats cured the weather would be decent and I could have the top prepped and spray it.

Bottom before I touched it. Really wasnt too bad compared to some. It was scraped up too much to use a razor so I block sanded it all down. Cant use an air compressor in my garage. Dont think they would have been too happy with me doing this lol. On a plus sode of blocking it down, it would make it straight! Fiberglass is never straight.. and it eats sand paper..
    Last edited by Alxsmt; 04-08-2016 at 10:31 PM.

93 750ss- hull

Frequent Poster

Paint stick sanding block. Good times...

Last edited by Alxsmt; 04-08-2016 at 11:38 PM.

93 750ss- hull

Frequent Poster

This pic is a little late..

Best stuff EVER! Certified corvette body pannel adhesive lol. Designed for SMC. You can even use it like a fiberglass resin and smear it into fiberglass cloth for a repair. Had to do that on my 93. You can use epoxy resin too. Polyester doesnt like SMC very well. Works great as a filler for all the dings. Pretty sure its stronger than the SMC.

Last edited by Alxsmt; 04-09-2016 at 01:02 AM.

93 750ss- hull

Frequent Poster

Sanded down. Yes, this stuff is sandable.

3 coats of primer, with a roller. Used canned air to blow it all off and 5 or 6 tack cloths to clean it off. I guess wax and greese remover is a bad idea on smc. I really wanted to use it...

I wasnt planning on blocking it down.. but due to my crappy work schedule (drive truck) I went over my 24hr recoat window.. so it got some guide coat for the hell of it and I blocked it down..
    Last edited by Alxsmt; 04-09-2016 at 01:23 AM.

93 750ss- hull

Frequent Poster

Ended up doing another coat of primer to seal it all up

Once it cured my texture went away.. oh well. I could only find slow reducer and didnt want to spend money on the accelerator. The rollers I used also didnt like the paint. Guess who had the great idea to use a fuzzy roller? Lol. Zero issues on the primer with it.. it got in the paint tho.. not a huge deal, i just sanded it down a little with 320 and called it good. They say its good to sand the hull for racing anywayd :-p it was only on the middle section.

That is all for tonight. Ill post the rest of what I have tomorrow when I can use my computer
    Last edited by Alxsmt; 04-09-2016 at 01:45 AM.

93 750ss- hull

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information