Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Seadoo X4 1100 conversion build/resto

I don't think a setback is needed on xp800 ski. It changes the handling and most prefer not having it. All depends but can always do later. Plus like scottie said the bigger pump option will provide better gains anyway.

As far as a girdle head. Only needed when......high compression like 180 and above or....porting of the cases.

Now if you grind the cases enough ......you can break the cases and youLL see a crack around where your reed cage is and cylinder stud.

Good luck with build show some pics and vids
    Get some or Get none...!! STXR Project page http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49594
    CHECK OUT MY LINK..>>>>gpr pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/20512559@N07/
    STXR pics >>> http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...pr/STXR%20pics

"Some times when you buy parts to modify your ski the modified parts have to be modified before the mod part can go on your ski that is to be modified" !!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    I don't think a setback is needed on xp800 ski. It changes the handling and most prefer not having it. All depends but can always do later. Plus like scottie said the bigger pump option will provide better gains anyway.
    Between you and Scottie; it sounds like I should just ditch the setback and either run my big hub, or start looking into tackling a 155 upgrade. I can't justify spending 1k on a used Skat when I could put that to use in so many other areas (carbs, head, porting, etc). I'm already pushing 4,500 and I'm far from done. Ugh.

As far as a girdle head. Only needed when......high compression like 180 and above or....porting of the cases.
    Well I had planned on porting cases; but need to talk with Scottie a bit more before I have someone other than Judge do it.

Good luck with build show some pics and vids
    Thanks. Due to a hectic schedule the pics will be slow to come; but they will eventually show up lol.

The weather sucks enough this next week I can't get the street or dirt bike out, so it looks like I'll get a bit more accomplished. Plan to have the 717 removed and the 1100 in and measured for driveshaft work if my dang motor mounts would hurry up and show already.
    Last edited by Alter Ego Trip; 03-20-2016 at 12:49 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Scottie Mac's Avatar

If this is a lake ski, you don't need the case porting. It makes more power, but if you set this thing up the way Justin's is, you are going to have plenty of ski to have fun on the lake.

SM
    Those who have done the least in the sport are always the ones with the most to say.

Best career accomplishment: Fatherhood

Proud Member of TEAM TFP!

Support those who support the sport!!!
    JAM Racing
    Judge Motorsports
    www.hotproductsusa.com
    www.optimaracing.com
    www.nynjapwc.com
    Judge Motorsports
    www.raddudesfi.com
    ProWatercraftracing.com
    www.ipdjetskigraphics.com
    ADA Racing
    Monster Motorsports
    A&R Performance

Mmm........ a pizza sounds good right about now!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie Mac View Post
    If this is a lake ski, you don't need the case porting. It makes more power, but if you set this thing up the way Justin's is, you are going to have plenty of ski to have fun on the lake.

SM
    Lake 70%, river 30%, Rec use 100%. As I've mentioned before; top speed takes back seat to acceleration.

I think everything I have ever built has been over done, but I'm all about diminishing return on investment. If I can put the funds somewhere else, I certainly will. I figured seeing as I don't plan on having the bottom end apart again any time soon (knock on wood) I would make sure that was done and out of my hair. I figure I can always upgrade the bolt on stuff as I go.

I'm glancing through the minimal 155 pump upgrade threads and that sounds like a ton of work and time. One thing I don't have a lot of is time. I may end up having to look at Skat eventually. Maybe I'll hit up Wayne and see what he has stashed away.
    Last edited by Alter Ego Trip; 03-20-2016 at 01:08 AM.

I'm also looking at replacing the metal ebox for something a little cleaner.

I ran across this polybox with almost the exact same dimensions as the original. It can even be ordered with a clear cover if you're into starting at wiring looms. I'll drill new holes and use the factory pass thru connectors.

http://www.polycase.com/ml-70f-1508
    Last edited by Alter Ego Trip; 03-21-2016 at 12:02 AM.

Well even though Ebay ruined my day today; I got a little ray of sunshine in.

GT throttle, RD plate, SPX fuel sending unit, HX trim adjuster, and 951 motor mounts. I apparently shouldn't order parts late at night cause for some stupid reason I ordered 2 fronts and 2 rears instead of 4 rears. Now I need to order 2 more rears. Grrrrr.

20160321_212859_resized.jpg

PWCToday Newbie

Nice.

What are you doing with the 951 mounts? You're running the rad dudes 1100-into-a-720X4 adapter, I see...

Are you still going to finagle/cut/weld the driveshaft, or use the adapter M14 spline /whatever-kawi-pitch? If you go that route, it's almost plug-and play with the RD adapter mount, no? I need one of those made.
    ***Shut up and party***

Quote Originally Posted by o0OGREGO0o View Post
    What are you doing with the 951 mounts? You're running the rad dudes 1100-into-a-720X4 adapter, I see...
    Yup, running the RD bedplate. 951 mounts bolt right up to the factory locations.

Are you still going to finagle/cut/weld the driveshaft, or use the adapter M14 spline /whatever-kawi-pitch? If you go that route, it's almost plug-and play with the RD adapter mount, no? I need one of those made.
    I am going to cut the driveshaft and either connect with a coupler or have welded. I'm thinking I'll go the coupler route; that way if I change to a setback pump I only have to replace one shaft.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with the spline.

My next project is going to be figuring out how to wire up a Seadoo start/stop switch and lanyard to the Kawi Ebox. I'm assuming this wiring diagram is the one I want to use?

sxr1100 wiring 1.jpg

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information