» wallpapers

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Triple in a 550

Re: Triple in a 550

This build is so sweet! dreaming about the end result

Thanks guys.

Updates!
    Reg has been renewed. I also picked up some pretty cool silver carbon look CF #s. I think I'm going to go with an all white paint job with all silver accents. It's funny, I think I posted some 17 reg stickers way back in this thread too...

Tray Glass!...

Spent a while sanding and got all the glass cut out. Over different 70 pieces of glass by the time it was all finished. Used the template method + a few extra cuts to get adequate coverage. The bottom and sides of the tray are cut out of 5 layers of 1708 & all of the other pieces are 8.5 oz. Also had some cabosil on hand to help smooth harsh transitions and angles.

My new epoxy showed up! Always good to grab some extra supplies while ordering from USComposites. That place really has been 1-stop shopping for all of my glassing supplies. Set up a clean place to work & to wet out glass:

And.....the tray is glassed! So many pieces...I stood up in the tray today and jumped on it a little, feels solid! Having this complete means all of the major glasswork is done. I have 2 or 3 small items left to glass (part of the hood seal lip & battery tray) along with some bodywork, but otherwise I think this is a pretty big milestone. After all that, it's paint, e-box build & then assembly.

^^Also in this pic, you can just see the 1/8 npt insert that I added in the left end cap as a hull drain. I also welded two stainless nuts to a stainless plate and epoxied it in the right end cap as a mount for the exhaust flapper. Checking things off the list!

On another note, I ordered a 660lb capacity hanging scale from Amazon. I'm excited to see what this hull weighs compared to a bare 550sx hull and also see the final weight of the ski when it is finished. Another thing I would like to find is the balance point compared to a 550 & regular 650/750 conversion ski.

Started the sanding for bodywork tonight...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

What is this? It looks like a stand up jet ski. Do they still make these? I'm gonna go eat a fur burger. Thank you for the opportunity to get naked in public. That was weird. Weird, but amazing.

Think it'll be to big for the bathtub?
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Quote Originally Posted by whazguude View Post
    What is this? It looks like a stand up jet ski. Do they still make these? I'm gonna go eat a fur burger. Thank you for the opportunity to get naked in public. That was weird. Weird, but amazing.

Think it'll be to big for the bathtub?
    Hah! On another note - I was getting a little concerned that this ski wasn't going to have enough power...but I think these will help:

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Quote Originally Posted by 123hi View Post
    Hah! On another note - I was getting a little concerned that this ski wasn't going to have enough power...but I think these will help:

Huh. (can I have sex with those parts?) Aside from that, HOORAH!!!!!! Getting there, dude.
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Between the holidays, making it out to the Daytona Freeride and being sick, it’s been slightly tougher to make progress lately…I’m 40-50% of the way through the body work on the hull, but I’ve basically finished the Ebox:

There’s some good wiring diagrams out there, the first one is the original 1100 wiring diagram, the second is a cleaned up SXR1100 one I’ll be using for my ebox.

The SXR1100 hull I picked up over this last summer came with a waterproof plastic ebox that I thought I might be able to re-purpose for this build. A little rough, but it could work…

It fits well next to the tank. Short of installing it where the stock 550 waterbox goes, this is basically the only spot left in the hull.

Ugh… what a mess… someone was way too silicone & dremel happy.

Yeah…no. Back to the drawing board…

After an extensive web search, I think I’ve found a solution! Bud industries NBF-32310 box from Mouser Electronics. Strain reliefs/cord grips/cable glands (a bunch of names out there for these) from productsforautomation.com. Products for Automation is pretty cool, it was the only site I could find that seemed to picture the actual item you’re buying instead of just stock photos. It’s crazy how long it actually took to find these items…

Parts arrival!

Time to dig into the 1100 ebox…

Components are out! It’s awesome how much can be eliminated…also did the free timing advance by connecting the temp sensor wires together. I cut a piece of sheet metal to use as a base in the ebox. It’s raised up on standoffs molded into the box so components can be mounted directly to it without putting extra holes in the box’s exterior.

Coils mounted first.

Regulator and solenoid too.

Here’s a shot with most of the components removed:

And the CDI! It’s tight, but it fits!

I think this will work…& it’s even smaller than the ugly box I started with!

I added a pretty slick start/stop setup with an external waterproof connector too. Just a couple of connections left to make as well as tightening up the starter solenoid, adding a few little bits of padding inside, then turfing the bottom and both sides of the box. I will be unpinning the 8 wires from the stator wire connectors and running the wires through the 4-hole strain reliefs in the box, then repinning & using the factory connectors inside the box to keep it all nice and clean. Box only weighs 4lbs total!

Up next is finishing the body work. We're supposed to have some unseasonably warm weather pretty soon, so I'm excited to make some progress.

Blog Entries

bom trabalho ! Friend, do not forget to change the candle cables and put new cables. always give pain nde head old cables, better to prevent and by new!
    Last edited by barlosbhz; 01-30-2018 at 09:11 AM. Reason: add phrase

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Bruce in SB's Avatar
    Blog Entries

bumping this up ... any progress? Gota finish this before the Chicken!
    "Thanks" to Chris Newmiller @ Newmiller Machine

PWCToday Newbie

Anyone know whats happening with this build ?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WaveRunner Eagle's Avatar

He bought a superjet.....

Skis:
    1986 X2
    1987 750 X2
    1990 SNSJ
    1994 WB1
    1995 VHP

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information