pxctoday

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: CA to AZ

  1. #11
    PWCToday Newbie yamalama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Az
    Posts
    46

    Re: CA to AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Jet Bum View Post
    Hey GlenT, I'm a little late with a reply to your question on this thread, but if you have a pick-up truck and want to bypass the trailer all together, check out the ramps that I build. I hand-make everyone and cut them out on a CNC milling machine. All parts a pieces are made in USA also. Send me an email if you are interested. jetbum@outlook.com I would be happy to meet you at a local AZ lake, go for a ride and give you a demo also. With some manufacturing changes, I will be reducing the price soon too.

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5nYVik5N-g
    Hi Jet Bum, I'd like to check out this setup. Currently I put the superjet on a carrier and pull the WR3 behind, but looking to add another stand up and like the idea of no trailer..



    GlenT, I live in Surprise and we go to Lake Pleasant almost every weekend. This is the closest lake, also one of the biggest in the area, definitely good times!
    94 Superjet
    94 X2 750
    94 WR3

  2. #12
    PWCToday Regular Arizona Jet Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Age
    48
    Posts
    112

    Re: CA to AZ

    Hey yamalama anytime! Do you ever ride in the east valley? I could meet you at the lake and you can try the Jet Bum ramp. You will actually be surprised how much you use the ramp for other applications also. Just in the last few months I've used my Jet Bum ramp to load heavy construction rental equipment and even load plywood up on a 10 foot high roof. I have a customer in Washington state that uses his Jet Bum ramp as a shore dock and also to load shingles up on roofs. So many uses. Let me know a time and place to meet you and you can try the ramp. The photos show the optional cargo sled for loading just about anything.Jet Bum Ramp loading concrete saw.jpgJet Bum Ramp loading plate compactor.jpgJet Bum Ramp loading plywood.jpg

    Burning 2-stroke oil since 1980

  3. #13
    resident guru GlenT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Surprise, AZ via NorCal
    Posts
    848

    Re: CA to AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by yamalama View Post
    Hi Jet Bum, I'd like to check out this setup. Currently I put the superjet on a carrier and pull the WR3 behind, but looking to add another stand up and like the idea of no trailer..



    GlenT, I live in Surprise and we go to Lake Pleasant almost every weekend. This is the closest lake, also one of the biggest in the area, definitely good times!
    We'll need to hook up sometime. I'm in the middle of closing escrow now. Then the move from hell. I hope to be on the water end of July. Any idea on the cost of a Lake Pleasant season pass?
    2004 Kawasaki SX-R
    2001 Kawasaki STX 1100 DI (GroupK Stage 1, STX-R rideplate, BH Sponsons)

  4. #14
    PWCToday Newbie yamalama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Az
    Posts
    46

    Re: CA to AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by GlenT View Post
    We'll need to hook up sometime. I'm in the middle of closing escrow now. Then the move from hell. I hope to be on the water end of July. Any idea on the cost of a Lake Pleasant season pass?
    Sounds good!

    Pass is $85 for your vehicle, but they want another $65 for each watercraft. So for me it would be $215 per year with my SJ and WR3 which means I would have to go 15 times before I would break even..

    Daily fees are $6 per vehicle and $4 per watercraft.

    We didn't buy the passes this year, but we are saving all of our receipts to see how many times we'll end up going. This year our first outing was on valentine days weekend and been going often since, so we'll see.
    94 Superjet
    94 X2 750
    94 WR3

  5. #15
    PWCToday Newbie yamalama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Az
    Posts
    46

    Re: CA to AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Jet Bum View Post
    Hey yamalama anytime! Do you ever ride in the east valley? I could meet you at the lake and you can try the Jet Bum ramp. You will actually be surprised how much you use the ramp for other applications also. Just in the last few months I've used my Jet Bum ramp to load heavy construction rental equipment and even load plywood up on a 10 foot high roof. I have a customer in Washington state that uses his Jet Bum ramp as a shore dock and also to load shingles up on roofs. So many uses. Let me know a time and place to meet you and you can try the ramp. The photos show the optional cargo sled for loading just about anything.Jet Bum Ramp loading concrete saw.jpgJet Bum Ramp loading plate compactor.jpgJet Bum Ramp loading plywood.jpg

    I only saw the video you posted after I replied to you, so that helped and definitely looks versatile from the pics you posted. I still dont know what pulls the jetski up into the bed, understand it rolls on your ramp but what actually pulls the weigh in the bed. I feel like I'm missing something very simple.. but I'm at work and can't see the pics or go on your website.. In any case looks well engineered and like a quality product!
    94 Superjet
    94 X2 750
    94 WR3

  6. #16
    PWCToday Regular Arizona Jet Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Age
    48
    Posts
    112

    Re: CA to AZ

    yamalama, thanks for compliment on the engineering! I spent years developing it with multiple versions until this one which was awarded a United States Patent. On flat ground I just use muscle power to push the the jet ski into the truck. But on the steep boat launch ramps you will want to install an electric winch. I have one bolted to the bed of my truck.

    Glen T for sure! Best of luck with the move, I'll meet you out there after you get settled. Also check out Phoenix Jet Sports Association group on facebook. Most of us locals are in the group, everybody around here is super cool.
    www.facebook.com/groups/182618965209230/

    Burning 2-stroke oil since 1980

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.0