Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: SBT Very Bad Experience

Quick plug: I put an SBT motor in a GP760 waaay back in aught-7, sold it to a friend in 2010, and it's still going strong today!

Old timer's tale: Bought a SJ from fleabay, test rode it and it made water rainbows. Checked all the fuel lines, and the carb return went up into the pole for a vent and the tank vent line ended somewhere down near the midshaft, and I mean ended, it was open. Always double check other people's wrenching. "To ride jet skis is to fix jet skis" this pastime is not for the mechanically-challenged!

Wealthy family of a foreign diplomat in Washington D.C. buys a custom van at a dealership. They drive off happy and once they are on the beltway, the driver puts the " Auto pilot" as he called it (Cruise Control)on, gets up out of his seat, and joins the family in the back. They promptly smacked the jersey wall, and called a lawyer to sue the dealer for not explaining the term cruise control.

Edit: One note: Thousands of lawyers graduate law school and the bar yearly, yet they NEVER retire. I have seen them use a walker to get into the court room. It takes creative precedents to keep them all fed.
    Last edited by Cleatusjo; 02-02-2016 at 02:58 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

I put a SBT engine in a customers Seadoo, he continually left it floating in the water and sank it numerous times, even after years of abuse and multiple drownings it continues to run to this day.
    Get your Fat Dudes T-shirts right here PM me for details !

PWCToday Newbie

My 06 FX Cruiser had a reman mr1 from SBT stuck in, 65 hours (3 seasons later) and it ate a cylinder and left some dings in the crank case.

I dream skis

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/10/...r-Blue-242.htm

+ proper torque prevents things from falling off of skis AND motorcycles. Such a multi-use product!

One last note on this. On a re-assembled, re-built engine aren't you supposed to re-torque the bolts after a few hours. I have dissasembled skis and have found many exhaust manis so loose, I didn't even have to use a wrench. You suck air here , you got a burnt piston.
    94' Kawi TS 650cc
    93' Kawi TS, in progress

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information