Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Exclamation Volunteers Needed for 2016 Freedom Ride

Hello, I'm a member of the River Runners. Please e-mail contact@easternpariverrunners.org if interested! I can try to answer any questions you may have. If you are not aware, the Operation Helping Heroes: Freedom Ride raises money and awareness for the Family & Friends for Freedom Fund, Inc. which aids wounded veterans.

We are looking for those interested in participating in the ride itself and also volunteers for ground support. The official announcement is below:

VOLUNTEER'S. NEEDED:

GROUND SUPPORT/SAFETY TEAM

By now I am sure many of you are aware of our upcoming Operation Helping Hero's Freedom Ride which is set for July 15, 16 and 17, 2016. This event is 3 days and will cover over 400 miles using jet ski' s and boats. This event will mark our 10th year of working with The Family & Friends For Freedom Fund Inc which is a fantastic organization that aids our wounded servicemen and women.

With the event planning in its early stages it is also time to form our Volunteer Ground Support/Safety Team. We will need 3 to 4 volunteers possibly a few more with hopefully vehicles who will be dedicated and commited to spending the entire 3 days with the River Runners and the Freedom Ride Crew.

The ground support team will provide transport to and from the layover marina to the hotel, assist in refueling and docking at our refueling stops, provide transport in the event of weather related cancellation or mechanical problems as well as help in the management of the land event side of the overall event.

I will need to have this team in place by the middle to end of January 2016 in order to proceed with the rest of the planning.
    For more information on the function of the ground support team or to volunteer please contact me here or via email. Members can also use the club forum.

Please help us make this event memorable and a great success.

Thanks for your help and support

Re: Volunteers Needed for 2016 Freedom Ride

Are there any parts of the trip that would be enjoyable / refillable distances for stand ups? If so I can ask around the family.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by undieingbreed View Post
    Are there any parts of the trip that would be enjoyable / refillable distances for stand ups? If so I can ask around the family.
    We have a one day option as well on July 16 that is from lesssylvania state park to DC and back which is only about 30 miles one way so about 60miles round trip and there are a couple marinas along the way too
    Current: 2005 SeaDoo GTX 185, 2004 Seadoo RXP 215 Past:1996 Yamaha 1100 Triple, 1995 Yamaha 701

I take it that's up the Potomac river? Do you need people for that? If I can organize our family we have 5 stand ups.

PWCToday Newbie

I'm a newer member and did not get to participate in the Freedom Ride yet but I will find out about any issues stand ups may have had in the past.

The full 3 day ride has a cap on participants for safety and time constraints but the 1 day ride is unlimited.

Last year was only a 1 day ride, you can check out pics of it on the River Runners website.

Thread Information