Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

My X-2 Gen2 build

Since it's very difficult to purchase this very rare ski that i've wanted for a decade, I've decided to build one.
    I'm having Bobby at Trinity make the hull for me (should be done soon) and for the past four months I have meticulously purchased all the OEM parts for this one of a kind Jetski.
    The engine, pump and drive are all OEM from the 800 twin SXR.
    Some parts I ordered from a Japanese co. 'Impex Japan'..and they have delivered all the rare parts (you cannot get from the USA) super fast and easy.

Simple build really...just thought I'd show a pick of the brand new parts while waiting for the hull.
    Bobby is kind enough to slap the OEM decals on my ski since he has experience with doing that. He's also lining up the seat and he's even offered to rivet the OEM side rails on it as well.
    This ski will be all OEM except for the internal fuel fill (because Trinity doesn't offer otherwise on this hull) and of course the lightweight X-2 hull.

BTW: Ordering parts separately for a ski is at least double the price from getting them complete in a jetski. Lesson learned. The cost for this build has exceeded 13k, but at least I'm finally gonna get my Jetski I've dreamed about for years.

....and I'm damn well gonna enjoy it!

More pics to come as i'm building it.

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Re: My X-2 Gen2 build

Hey what did the bars cost you? I really liked mine, a good width and pullback, I ended up using a set on my 93 X2 build.

The second tube on the outlet of the waterbox (the long one) is not for the X2....it is in a long Z shape because the thru hull connection is at the bottom of the engine compartment, not the top like the SXR. You can have a metal piece made at the muffler shop for the high to low transition.
    Last edited by JonnyX2; 11-28-2015 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Rod Peters's Avatar

Sub'ed

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home freekstyle's Avatar

https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/20...Ski-Ultra-310R

The 310R has similar looking bars on it. When they showed up I checked the price and they almost $200 retail. On the bright side they do come with those sweet grips like the SXR has.

Awesome!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home freekstyle's Avatar

http://racingmotoine.web.fc2.com/original/exhaust.html

About halfway down they show the X2 version of the outlet tube.

Is there a good parts list somewhere? Impex does not seem to have it in their list so I am assuming you found part numbers somewhere else and looked them up. I have a hull coming, too, and still need some parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyX2 View Post
    Hey what did the bars cost you? I really liked mine, a good width and pullback, I ended up using a set on my 93 X2 build.

The second tube on the outlet of the waterbox (the long one) is not for the X2....it is in a long Z shape because the thru hull connection is at the bottom of the engine compartment, not the top like the SXR. You can have a metal piece made at the muffler shop for the high to low transition.
    Whoa! I'm super confused now...According to this http://www.impex-jp.com/catalogs/mar...2824_1943.html and multiple other sources, That long tube is exactly the same part used in the SXR.
    I understand the different exhaust outlet locations between the hulls of the x-2 and the sxr. But, I think the change is actually within the foam that is made especially for the jf800 (x-2)and not the js800 (sxr) as they are different.
    as in this example: http://www.impex-jp.com/catalogs/mar...2839_1943.html

BTW: the bars only cost $105 dollars. super stoked when they arrived, because yeah, you cannot get those awesome grips otherwise.
    Last edited by aggrovated; 11-28-2015 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masonboswell View Post
    Is there a good parts list somewhere? Impex does not seem to have it in their list so I am assuming you found part numbers somewhere else and looked them up. I have a hull coming, too, and still need some parts.

Yes, heres a micro-k parts catalog...
    http://www.gtwagen.es/PDF%20postvent...99912-3533.pdf

But I actually did get the parts list from Impex Japan, if you log in..they then show the part numbers in full.

Incidentally, I also managed to order the physical service manual and owners manual from them as well
    Last edited by aggrovated; 11-28-2015 at 10:28 PM.

Awesome, thanks!

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information