Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2016 Seattle to Alaska?

Anyone gone to Alaska on a PWC here? I'm thinking that should be my first long trip in 2016. I had planned to explore the San Juan Islands, but apparently that entire area is off limits to pwc's.

I spent several hours over the weekend getting acquainted with my new Waverunner out on Puget Sound. It pretty much felt like my own giant playground. Other than the occasional sail boat or fishing boat, the waters are nearly empty. Well, tons of sea lions. I shot across to Seattle, then got lost a little (Just ordered a gps) and ended up in Bremerton, then filled up in Liberty Bay and circled Bainbridge Island a couple of times. I probably would've spent more time out there, but I was sore from holding on (SVHO engine pulls hard). What a blast. Hard to believe no one else would be out there doing this with millions of people just in the Seattle area. There are large pockets where the water was really calm even though it was pretty rough out in the open going to Seattle from Bainbridge.

Re: 2016 Seattle to Alaska?

I'm brand new to riding and this site. I was crushed to find out you can't ride in the San Juans. That was the trip I was most excited about. I live in Sequim and would very much like to talk with you about riding. AK is probably out of my capacity but sure would like to find a riding buddy. I'm assuming this site has private messaging?

PM sent. Looking forward to meeting more pwc riders on the sound. I'm working on getting my boater card before going back out. I should be finished this weekend.

I'd like to try eating and drinking at every waterfront restaurant/bar with a dock on Puget Sound by the end of this coming Summer. Two down...

You can see how flat and beautiful it can be on some days in this 45 second video. My camera memory ran out while filming this over Thanksgiving weekend https://youtu.be/-aZkmey7OJQ

Nice video. Do you ever ride over to the Peninsula? Pt. Townsend and Sequim have places on the water.

Not yet. I just bought my Waverunner a few weeks ago and I haven't gotten my Washington Boat Card yet. I hope to be finished with the exam this weekend. I pass a police boat nearly every time I go out, so I figure my luck will run out soon if I don't get that card. So far they've only waved to me.

what are you wearing on your upper body? is it a goretex dry suit? how is wind in it and does it do pretty well if you get splashed?

also i wouldn't go out too far solo on that svho if it is a 2015. there are many guys on greenhulk.net with broken timing chains from 20 hours to about 80 hours. if it makes it past 80hrs it seems there isn't an issue later on.
    Last edited by 88kawi5fiddy; 12-14-2015 at 01:11 AM.
    1994 1100 SJ - Dead
    1996 spec hx
    "I'm going to be installing the hooker on my driveshaft in the next two weeks." -Element3488

Crap, I hadn't heard about the timing chains. I will be really bummed if I get stranded. A big part of why I chose the Yamaha was due to so many issues I read about the Sea-Doos. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the heads up.

It's a gortex drysuit and it works amazing. The only time water has gotten in a little is when I was getting splashed with lots of water without the hood on. A little bit got under my collar. I didn't realize it until I took the suit off. Zero issues with wind or cold and I'm a serious wimp from southern California when it comes to cold.

This is the brand >> http://www.kokatat.com/

How's it going, Flash & Captain Charles?
    I usually go right to Northwest group riders area...and was checking other areas of forum and found this gem! I have a friend who did an awesome trip with about 10 riders up through Alaska on PWC's and posted the trip's adventures on FB. They did it across a 7 day trip, I believe. They enjoyed it a lot!
    I took a pretty great ride up to Victoria for a long day with Dayton NW back in 2013. Below is our messages from the posts under Victoria BC ride on our Northwest riding group, page 3 I believe...kinds of spells out the game plan that actually took a lot longer than expected, lol.

1. Victoria BC, Aug 17th, 2013
    I am starting to get some plans in place for a ride from Everett or Marysville up to Victoria BC and back. Figured it should take a full day. Am planning on gas stops in Port Townsend (36 mi), Port Angeles (30 mi), and Victoria (24 mi). These are rough estimates for each leg of the journey. I want to be on the water by 9:30 to allow plenty of time to get to each stop. Not planning on going too fast, but an average of 30-35 would be nice. The only reason to not complete would be fog in the Strait. Have a nice lunch in Canada, mosey around for a bit, and then head back
    My response after trip that day:
    E P I C...does not describe this trip today, er excuse me, day/night! Left marysville @ 9:30 am & got back @ 10:30 pm. Hit port townsend, then port angeles, then jaunt across the straight to Victoria for lunch. Back the way we came & left port Townsend @ 8:40 pm. H U G E thanks to The Cap'n for leading us back...& then try getting to marysville boat launch in the dark! Unbelievable! Got home,30 mins ago...think the Cap'n is still @ boat launch cleaning ride...NW Freeride, EPIC!!!!!!
    More details,will follow....lots of pix,,too!

Anyway, it was a fantastic trip and we followed it up with a Deception Pass run a few weeks later. That was a little crazy/fun playing under and around the bridge during the tide change...those tide pools will really give you a pump after you realize how hard they can pull you in/down...good stuff!!! Will check back on this chain...
    Go Hawks!!!!
    2005 Seadoo RXT

Oh, do you have a link to pictures or the facebook post? This is great! I'm planning to do the Deception Pass run pretty soon. Maybe March or maybe even sooner. There's a lunch/adult beverage stop I want to make at La Connor Seafood and Prime Rib...

For the Victoria trip, I think I'll get a room or even camp to have more time. Although it sounds kind of fun to race against the clock and get caught after dark.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information