Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 93 Kawi. TS Build

One of the ugliest parts of this ski, ( IMO) is that seat with the big " shark's head" lip that sticks out in the front. It's really unuseable because you can't get that close to the bars, and I never ride tandem anyway. Took the trashed seat and sawed 5 inches off the front, then filed and shaped a radius and stuffed the front a bit. Had Dave's Trim Shop in Glen Burnie MD match the color best he could, and sew a custom cover. Kawasaki no longer offers the tanzinite 92', 93' seat cover or the raw material. Thought it turned out great. Fits perfect and looks tons better than the stock seat. Also have 5" more space in the step through. Color is close enough. Layed it on the ski to get an idea of the look. will bolt all the pieces together when the motor is back in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did some decal work... still undecided about extent of the build on the 650. Removed the pink and teal turd ski decal of the gunwales. I liked the block printed Tandem Sport logo, and added a Kawi " big K" to that spot. Wife didn't like it. She also added: " Why didn't you go with black on the seat color"? , Also, the crappy plastic wire keeper on the stator wire in the e-box fell apart upon disassembly. I'm not looking for 20 year old pieces. I'm going to run a few out of Nylon in my shop if anyone needs any.

PWCToday Newbie

I had the entire Coffman Pipe set up for the TS for sale for 3 months now. On E-bay. still have it except the water box. sold that for $ 80.00

No shyt.... did the guy live in Baltimore ? LOL. You sold it to me Randolph !

Edit : It's pretty clean too. Thanx again.
    Last edited by Cleatusjo; 12-08-2015 at 01:53 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

Too funny , How is the Coffman Waterbox doing ? got it in there yet ? or are you Snow Skiing ?

It's been beautiful here 55* day 40* at night. The wetsuit guys would love this. Got a ton of other stuff to knock out first before the engine goes back in.

Like what you did with the seat! My project has been slowed down with other work to attend to, but I need to get on the "pot" as Daytona Freeride right around the corner!

I picked up another TS and I have an idea to improve pump (well a pump anyway, not OE) effectiveness in surf and quick pump change. Will update.

Sincerely,

David

That black carbon fiber for the seat is stuck in my head now. Kinna give it that same year XIR look. Your going to have to make a scoop grate for that thing. Dave, ever think about a superjet. Rolling my TS off the lip of a six to eight foot wave is frightening to me. Just thinking about it makes my ankles hurt.

TS was my first ride, still have it. Factory but for a mariner head. Wide hull for the length makes jumping waves into a stiff headwind a challenge. Hasn't got enough power to outrun a wave, and the low nose means lots of endo practice. Good work, nice to see a vintage machine back on the water.

I ran 36 of the 650 e-box stator wire grommet plates. I'm going to keep at least a half dozen for myself. If anyone wants any I should have about 30 to sell. I can slip them into an envelope so $5.00 shipped each should work. If not I'll ebay 'em. These pieces are ultra strength extruded Nylon, not the injection molded crap kawasaki made. I made them 1/8" thicker than the stock piece. The bolt holes are .020" smaller for more material around the holes. They fit nice and tight around the grommet. You couldn't break these Nylon pieces with a hammer. I have disassembled 4 e-boxes recently and 3 of the four plates disintegrated, and the fouth broke in half. Had to super glue it to make a blueprint. Should fit SX , X2, JM, and SC.

2 for 8.00
    5 for 20.00 etc.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information